Long time lurker, new member

Welcome. Where are you going for your 8th safari?
Ill be in South Africa for the beginning then zimbabwe. Out of all my Safaris’s i never got a big roan. My second is a giant sable. Fingers crossed

I like your wish list and jealous of your past and future hunting endeavors. Welcome to the site, happy you joined us.

Hello Customrelic,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.
Cheers Velo,
Ill have to check out your operation. Maybe ill be coming to Namibia soon lol.

Welcome aboard Customrelic. You are indeed correct, on AH any hunter worldwide can freely discuss past and future hunts amongst "virtual" friends. Grab a beer and a burger then step up to our "campfire" and join in on the conversation and fun.

Welcome!! Let us know if you need any assistance with the rifle import permits, we would be glad to assist you with that.

Welcome @Customrelic! I am curious at to why you selected January and February for your next safari.

Cheers Velo,
Ill have to check out your operation. Maybe ill be coming to Namibia soon lol.

All good Customrelic,

Regardless if you hunt with Khomas Hunting Safaris or not, any time you have a question, I will try to answer it to the best of my ability, (as will most other members of AH here).

Also, when you get time, have a look at the hunt reports myself and others who have been to Khomas Safaris have posted.

Likewise, the owner of Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris (Philip Hennings) has included several excellent videos in our web site.

No matter who you hunt with, including solo with yourself, stay safe and take many photos, so the rest of us can live vicariously through your adventures.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome @Customrelic! I am curious at to why you selected January and February for your next safari.
Honestly i love hunting Africa when its hot. Normally i go hunting somewhere every October for my birthday. This coming year i have something big in the works for October so I figured why not January and February. Plus im too impatient to wait haha. Thats the biggest reason. I was also offered a fantastic “package” if i came then. In all my safaris i never took a sable or roan. Ive seen 100’s in zimbabwe over the last 20 years but never got a shot. A roan has been on my list forever. Going on Safaris’s you meet people you become friends etc. a ph who I consider a friend and who i have hunted with many times (well over 100 days in total) told me he could get me onto a giant roan and sable. He also offered me a giant male lion and 2 lioness somewhere in or near the kalahari. I wasn’t very keen on the lion because ive heard (and have seen) what goes on down there, but the property is over 70,000 hectares and these lions are roaming free on the property. He has sent me weekly reports as he knows im not into anything tame or canned etc. the lions have killed buffalo and other game so I figured id go and see. Then off to zimbabwe towards feb.

welcome welcome welcome

Hello all, my name is Antonio and I finally signed up to be a member. I have hunted all over the world for many different species. I will be going on my 8th african safari this January and February. I look forward to interacting and swapping stories with you guys.
Welcome to the posting side

Welcome to AH! We look forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome! This is a good place to burn some time!
What is your firearm/caliber of choice these days?

Welcome to AH @Customrelic! I look forward to hearing about your adventures ! And picking up some advice along the way! Cheers from Belgium

Welcome! This is a good place to burn some time!
What is your firearm/caliber of choice these days?
Thank you.
if i had to choose one rifle/caliber? Thats tough. I collect antique guns so i have a lot. But if i had to choose one field gun, that i have taken everywhere and done the most with it would be my Rem 7mm mag. Over 22 years and shes been by my side for countless adventures. Taken some of the biggest game on the planet with it. That would be my all time fav

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HFKGladis

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]