Daktari

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
US: FL, ME
I joined this forum 4 years ago due to my interest in hunting in Africa. I am a long way away financially speaking to afford a hunt in Africa. Therefore, I will be hunting closer to home. My hunting experience began as a result of watching the Wild Within and Meat Eater. I read his book on hunting small and large game. As a late onset hunter there have been some learning curves but I can honestly say that hunting has become something almost spiritual to me. The ecology behind the species, the landscape, and the tactics employed to outwit them have engulfed my passion. The deeper I go down the hunting "rabbit hole" the more I realize I am right where I belong. I have hunted turkey and small game. Recently, I have harvested my first big game animal and will be writing a hunting report for it soon. I'd like to thank all the members for passing on their knowledge and hope to continue learning as a hunter.

Giday Daktari and welcome to the A H forums and the hunting life.

Welcome to AH ! Tell us a bit more about yourself. Where you are from, how you came to hunting?
Cheers, V.

Hello Daktari,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

And you are quite right about Hunting being a spiritual thing.
There is something in our DNA that goes back ten thousand years, perhaps ten million.
It is very real among some of us humans.
The urge to Hunt and gather our own food, seems to have “drooped and shriveled” (so to speak) in those “men” who preach and rant against Hunting, while they munch on their fried chicken, cheese burgers, etc, wear leather shoes, leather belts and jewelry, sometimes even marinating themselves in hairspray, perfume and fingernail polish.
Theodore Roosevelt referred to such types as “screeching eunuchs”.

Anyway, those of us at Khomas Safaris are glad you have joined and we look forward to your reports and posts.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Daktari, glad you are becoming more involved. I have been fortunate to have been able to hunt from a very young age hunting rabbits and squirrels on my grandparents 60 acre homestead. It was a vastly different world back in the 1950s.
Get yourself to Africa asap before the world changes more!

I’m curious to hear about your first big game animal and the experience and emotion involved.

Welcome to AH Daktari! Nice to have you on the posting side.

Welcome!

Welcome! I am working to get things straight for an African trip but, like you, I am hunting close to home. Small game like squirell and such with my slingshot and deer and maybe black bear out in the swamp near my house with a rifle and a handgun fill my spiritual need to hunt. You are so correct about the spiritual aspects.

I’m curious to hear about your first big game animal and the experience and emotion involved.
It'll be posted in the coming days!

Congratulations on your first success.
Look forward to your report.

Congrats Daktari. I’m very glad you’re finding the hunting life rewarding. Looking forward to your report.

I joined this forum 4 years ago due to my interest in hunting in Africa. I am a long way away financially speaking to afford a hunt in Africa. Therefore, I will be hunting closer to home. My hunting experience began as a result of watching the Wild Within and Meat Eater. I read his book on hunting small and large game. As a late onset hunter there have been some learning curves but I can honestly say that hunting has become something almost spiritual to me. The ecology behind the species, the landscape, and the tactics employed to outwit them have engulfed my passion. The deeper I go down the hunting "rabbit hole" the more I realize I am right where I belong. I have hunted turkey and small game. Recently, I have harvested my first big game animal and will be writing a hunting report for it soon. I'd like to thank all the members for passing on their knowledge and hope to continue learning as a hunter.
Welcome to the forum and we love hearing from you! I was just so surprised to find a PG hunt was less than an elk hunt in NA and now I will be going on my 3rd African Safari and I am not a rich man

Glad to you're reaching out and look forward to your hunt report. I'm in Florida as well, north of Tampa. You anywhere close?

Welcome @Daktari and congrats on your first big game harvest.

Let us know what's in your battery so we can best enable you into a proper PG and future DG caliber.

Welcome @Daktari and congrats on your first big game harvest.

Let us know what's in your battery so we can best enable you into a proper PG and future DG caliber.
I own a .300 Winchester Magnum savage rifle. I've done my research and would love to have a Rigby for Africa. However, most of my hunting will be in the US for the foreseeable future.

Glad to you're reaching out and look forward to your hunt report. I'm in Florida as well, north of Tampa. You anywhere close?
I'm in the Fort Lauderdale Miami area.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babawanjimba

Latest profile posts

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!