Loaded without firing?

Ammo has to get pretty oily and soaked before it will penetrate enough into it to ruin a round. You would have to over lube to the point of ridiculousness to achieve that.

Also ammo whether for self defense or hunting should be swapped out routinely. I swap my duty ammo every 6 months or year depending on availability.

Also a much more important safety issue than over lube is loading/unloading numerous times especially for a semi auto pistol. When a round is chambered the gun really beats the shit out of it.

Ammo is soft and the barrel is hard. If you Chamber a round in a pistol just a few times the bullet will get pushed back noticeably into the case. I've seen rounds where the bullet was almost even with the top of the case because guys unloaded and loaded so much.

Whenever I do I take the cha bored round and put it in the bottom.of a mag. Gun is only unloaded a few times a year so its nit a huge issue but something to look out for if you have to unload and reload a lot.

Cheers
 
If you leave your semi loaded with a round in the chamber, is there any limit or guideline regarding how long it can remain in that state and still be ready to go if/when needed? Are the springs involved typically good enough that they'll never fatigue to the point of making them ineffective? Any other considerations to be aware of?
Why would you want to do that?
Rifle should be stored unloaded....empty.....
 
YOU would never be allowed into a military mess without clearing your weapon, it reflects badly on the wankers that make movies.

I happen to know the person Eric Bana was portraying in BHD (the real "hoot")...

Per the real Hoot, there was a discussion in Mogadishu between the real CPT Steele and an unmentioned member of Delta/CAG regarding whether a weapon was safe or not... that didn't go down quite how CPT Steele had hoped it would (he was rebuffed and walked away pissed)...

but.. as you can imagine.. that particular scene was hollywooded a bit... that's not how things actually happened, or exactly what was said..
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,303
Messages
1,572,188
Members
169,505
Latest member
CharliL771
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top