Let's See Some Hunting Knives

ftrovato

AH elite
Joined
Apr 28, 2023
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
4,561
Location
Pennsylvania USA
Media
134
Hunting reports
Africa
3
USA/Canada
1
Europe
1
Member of
SCI
Hunted
Mozambique (Gaza Province)/South Africa (Eastern Cape)/Scotland/Canada/USA - 10 States
I hunted with the two Damascus Knives for the last 25 years. Then the boredom of Winter had me surfing the web and I couldn't live without the two flanking knives!

Let's see your hunting knife collection...

IMG_0690.jpeg
IMG_0691.jpeg
 
Here is another similar thread…

 
Oh you guys buy hunting knives? I just make mine! Here are a few I made recently for myself and friends.

Edit: ugh... excuse the reflection of my bald head in one of the photos lol

20250204_112249.jpg
20250118_162428.jpg
20250104_170153.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Above are some of my Bark Rives. I have many, I won't buy any other brand because they offer a great variety of steels and handle material. American made, and great warranty
 
Some of mine, all made by yours truly!!

20250214_090231.jpg


20250210_110434.jpg
20250113_095300.jpg
20240729_145350.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Love seeing that some of you guys love nice knives… most NA hunts wind up with guys buying trendy stuff or super lightweight stuff. Life is too short to own ugly knives

*not that I’m judging the lightweight stuff… I shave ounces in my pack too!
 
Above are some of my Bark Rives. I have many, I won't buy any other brand because they offer a great variety of steels and handle material. American made, and great warranty
I did not get the Fox River until I used one. It is probably my all time favorite hunting knife and I have it in several sizes, steels, and handles.
 
Love seeing that some of you guys love nice knives… most NA hunts wind up with guys buying trendy stuff or super lightweight stuff. Life is too short to own ugly knives

*not that I’m judging the lightweight stuff… I shave ounces in my pack too!
To me a custom knife like mine is very personal to me versus bought at retail, just me
 
Here is my hunting knife collection along with my hunting sword and 375 rifle:

Like the hunting sword and the first knife on the right , what are they ?
 
Nice who made this Loveless Pattern knife?

Here are mine. I took this photo last year. These are slab sided. I gave the top bully Bob to my father a couple years ago.

The top 3, from a smith in Michigan I can't remember the name of.

4th knife, can't remember maybe Menafee. There are like 25 custom knives up stairs. I can't remember them all.

5th knife is a 1990's manufacture 100% Bob knife made by his buddy in Japan under license. Probably not worth anything, but as Bob says "a knife is supposed to feel like your pecker in your hand when you are 16". It does.

F11797A1-E518-47B2-8490-939921E17CAB.jpeg
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,572,973
Members
169,672
Latest member
Matt Price
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top