Left Handed FTW Hunter in .300WM, anyone?

typilotguy

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Hunted
United States, South Africa
Hello, fellow forum members!

I have a .300 WinMag that I will be selling soon. It is a Left Handed Ruger 77, FTW Hunter Edition. I've been trying to sell it locally, but most have scoffed at the price...if they want a Ruger, they seem to want the $500 American.

At any rate, I thought I would gauge the interest here before I posted it anywhere. As such, here are the details (please forgive me if I miss any; I'm sitting in my office, and do not have the rifle in front of me at the moment):

Ruger 77 Mk II Hawkeye, FTW Edition
LEFT HAND
.300 Winchester Magnum
Burris Veracity 3-15x50 FFP scope with 30mm tube
All factory accessories, boxes, paperwork, etc.
If meeting face-to-face, I will include approximately 5 boxes of loaded ammunition (Browning and Remington)

Ruger and the FTW Ranch/SAAM Shooting School corroborated on this rifle for the purpose of creating a very accurate long range hunting rig. Matte stainless metal sitting in a camo (Natural Gear) laminated wood stock. Spacers to adjust the LOP. Factory muzzle brake (VERY effective), faux brake, and thread protector. I have added a "butt cuff"/cheek piece with a pouch.

This particular rifle shoots well. With factory 185gr. Browning ammo, it will shoot groups measuring about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2" at 200 yards, consistently. I purchased everything new (Bud's had to special order the rifle for me), so I know it has a low round count at <60. I can confirm the exact total when I look at my shooting notebook.

Other than zeroing it in and getting comfortable with it, this has seen little use. One week in the Rockies for elk, and that is it. Safe queen ever since. Condition reflects this. Not immaculate, but not hunted hard, either. Only reason that I am letting this one out of the stable is that (shhh...it's a secret) I'll be using the funds to procure and/or build my wife a heavier caliber rifle. She currently shoots a 6.5 PRC (quite well, I might add), but is wanting to chase eland...and she's not left-handed...
With the addition of our daughter, I suddenly do not have the discretionary income that I did a year ago.

If anybody is interested, please send me a message. I can also provide pictures of anything you wish. Of course, if a deal is made, we'll have to follow proper protocol.

Again, I figured I would see if any of you fine members here in the US would be interested before I begin to really advertise it locally (SE TN).

Finally, please feel free to look up current prices on LH FTW Hunters in .300...IF YOU CAN FIND ANY. Asking price reflects this, yet not entirely firm. May be able to wiggle a little, and possibly do a partial trade.

Last edited:
I didn't find the asking price in your original post.

Hmm FTW ranch and SAAM sound familiar. Something about a hippo and a president. Idk

Any rate, you should post some pictures and show that puppy off. Hope she sells for ya!

Finally, please feel free to look up current prices on LH FTW Hunters in .300...IF YOU CAN FIND ANY. Asking price reflects this, yet not entirely firm. May be able to wiggle a little, and possibly do a partial trade.
Prices appear to be all over the map..

Ruger lists an MSRP over $2K... but there are online retailers selling FTW's a little more than $1500 NIB.. and every price point in between...

Ive owned an FTW in 308.. they are an excellent rifle.. but definitely not for everyone IMO.. (super accurate, and exceptionally well made.. but also heavy.. not the sort of thing most guys are going to want to tote up a mountain chasing an elk for example.. but about perfect for shooting from a blind or a stationary position where a long shot might be available..)..

Whether or not I would have an interest would be driven by price.. I dont really need another 300 magnum (Im already married to a couple of 300 H&H's in the safe).. but good deals are sometimes hard to pass up..

I didn't find the asking price in your original post.
My apologies, all. That would certainly be of benefit, wouldn't it?

Asking $2,500 for all. If it must be shipped, buyer will pay shipping/transfer fees.

This is primarily based upon the scarcity of this rifle in a left-handed configuration in .300.

Again, open to discussion.

While I am in East Tennessee (smack dab between Knoxville and Chattanooga), I realize that there will be many people in Nashville for the conventions. While I cannot attend this year, I would be willing to travel a bit to meet up with the right buyer.

Hmm FTW ranch and SAAM sound familiar. Something about a hippo and a president. Idk

Any rate, you should post some pictures and show that puppy off. Hope she sells for ya!
I certainly will, either this evening or in the morning.

And thank you!

Very nice rifle. It may prove hard to move at that price however. Best.

Very nice rifle. It may prove hard to move at that price however. Best.
Thank you, sir. That was more or less a starting point, to include all the ammo. Certainly open to discussion/negotiation.

Of course I ran all over creation last night when I got home. Here is one of the rifle I happened to have on my computer. I'll see if I can dig up some more here after a bit.
FTW.jpg

IMG_3525.JPG

*Note: Pelican, Garmin NOT INCLUDED. But will throw in the foam cut to this rifle, if you wish. Fits Pelican 1750. Would also throw in the shoes, if buyer interested HAHAHA

Abolt
Tikka
Ruger American
CZ

just bought a lefty tikka t3x lite in 300wsm! and a ton of different factory ammo varieties.

there are a good handful of companies (fierce, cooper etc) that will build one, with a wait and the 'lefty tax.'

had there been one out there, i would have grabbed a fierce or christensen or the like, but real tired of waiting

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dirk89B86

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?