Leather goods?

Elkeater

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
What are the leather goods companies out of South Africa. I know African sporting creations is one. There was another one mentioned on here a while back but I can’t remember the name. Anyone have suggestions on where to get leather goods out of RSA?

What are the leather goods companies out of South Africa. I know African sporting creations is one. There was another one mentioned on here a while back but I can’t remember the name. Anyone have suggestions on where to get leather goods out of RSA?
Els & Co is who ASC sells

African Sporting Creations is US Based. They’re out of Ohio (i believe). They import for a bunch of African Companies and might be able to point you in that direction or someone stateside

African Sporting Creations is US Based. They’re out of Ohio (i believe). They import for a bunch of African Companies and might be able to point you in that direction or someone stateside
African Game Industries Inc is also a US based company that makes products from African leather. I bought this ammo slide last year. It's Cape buffalo leather. Made for 375 but I soaked it, then shoved upside down dummy 404 cartridges into the loops and it stretched them to fit just right. This is very stoutly constructed. It will last a lifetime.
20230708_114456.jpg

Their prices are reasonable and they have quite an inventory. The gun cases look nice. And shotgun shell bags for skeet/etc. Those look very nice.

African Game Industries Inc is also a US based company that makes products from African leather. I bought this ammo slide last year. It's Cape buffalo leather. Made for 375 but I soaked it, then shoved upside down dummy 404 cartridges into the loops and it stretched them to fit just right. This is very stoutly constructed. It will last a lifetime.
View attachment 616018
Their prices are reasonable and they have quite an inventory. The gun cases look nice. And shotgun shell bags for skeet/etc. Those look very nice.
@Ontario Hunter - shocked!! but very impressed that you bought something “nice” and functional, looks good to — even “cool”, people will notice that carttaige holder and even “ask about it”. Careful, I can see you buying a “Rand Hat” next and then an entire wardrobe of Safari Fashion !! Kidding you know - good for you, that’s a nice item !

@Ontario Hunter - shocked!! but very impressed that you bought something “nice” and functional, looks good to — even “cool”, people will notice that carttaige holder and even “ask about it”. Careful, I can see you buying a “Rand Hat” next and then an entire wardrobe of Safari Fashion !! Kidding you know - good for you, that’s a nice item !
No need to be shocked. That cartridge holder was cheap. So it fits ... me.

A "rand hat" would definitely require a ten-cartridge ammo slide. Five on the belt just won't do for those guys. By the way, African Game Industries also makes ten-round ammo slides, in case you happen to have a rand hat.

Melville & Moon

There is another I may miss spell
Ruark. All three make excellent products in RSA

Lon

Splitting image has some good leather workers.

Vos & Co is a guy out of RSA I follow on Instagram, he makes some pretty stout leather goods. I have a plains game caliber shell holder, it seems built like a tank. I'm looking at some of his DG belts. It didn't arrive in time for my trip, so I used my Murray Leather cartridge holder.

Vos & Co is a guy out of RSA I follow on Instagram, he makes some pretty stout leather goods. I have a plains game caliber shell holder, it seems built like a tank. I'm looking at some of his DG belts. It didn't arrive in time for my trip, so I used my Murray Leather cartridge holder.

I’ve messaged with them about a belt for my 470 DR. I’ve got an Els & Co belt and pouch for my 375.

Africa Game Ind I have a couple of their rifle cases. Stout and well made. Buffalo I think.

View attachment 616018
Ont.
Do you believe that holder would soak/stretch enough for 416 Rigby?

Ont.
Do you believe that holder would soak/stretch enough for 416 Rigby?
I doubt it. It took a lot of soaking, oiling, waxing, and elbow grease before this one for 375 would properly hold/grip 404. Buffalo leather is very thick stuff. However, as I recall they do make ammo slides in cowhide leather which should be more pliable.

Here is another option.

HH

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CGfromNC

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt