Large Party Hunt Location Recommendations?

19_A_CPT

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Commitee Member
Hunted
South Africa
We are beginning to plan for a large party to hunt in Summer of 2026.
Our previous safari was in Limpopo, RSA in 2022.

What recommendations of country do you have?

I will be taking my then 14 year old son, wife, best friend and his wife and boys, and probably a few more.

Depending on pricing, we would be looking to hunt zebra, cape buffalo, kudu, maybe gemsbok.

Not real sure what my son is keen on but I would keep him to exclusive plains game.

Any pros and cons to venturing out of South Africa and into some of the other countries?

Animal pricelist, flights, expectations, extras?

I will be taking my then 14 year old son, wife, best friend and his wife and boys, and probably a few more.

Depending on pricing, we would be looking to hunt zebra, cape buffalo, kudu, maybe gemsbok.

Not real sure what my son is keen on but I would keep him to exclusive plains game.

Any pros and cons to venturing out of South Africa and into some of the other countries?

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS could accommodate your party and your trophy list, and has hosted a significant number of US military vets (I take 1-3 other families with us every year… all are vets)…

Presuming based on your username, avatar, and your location you are or were an armor/cav officer at some point :)

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS could accommodate your party and your trophy list, and has hosted a significant number of US military vets (I take 1-3 other families with us every year… all are vets)…

Presuming based on your username, avatar, and your location you are or were an armor/cav officer at some point :)
Where are they located?

And yes, Armor Officer a few years and a couple pounds ago.
Khomas Highland Safari is a great outfit, but no Cape buffalo.
Where are they located?

Where are they located?

And yes, Armor Officer a few years and a couple pounds ago.

Where are they located?

lol… I was an “A” myself about 25 years and 50lbs ago… I can relate…

@Bos en Dal SAFARIS is in the NW Province of South Africa….An easy 90 minute drive from the Jo’berg airport…

I think most outfitters could accommodate what you are after. With a large enough party they would most likely provide an exclusive camp. Also with a large enough party there should be some pricing flexibility.

The thing to establish is what type of hunting you want to do. Archery vs rifle, long range vs in close, etc.

For a large group I’d consider Namibia, Botswana, or RSA. I think the prices for hunting would be fairly close between them. However, your travel options to Namibia and Bots will probably be a bit more limited than getting to RSA around Joburg, but not that different than trying to go to the Eastern Cape.

I'm sure Mof with Adansonia in RSA could handle everything you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
With a large group and possibly buffalo, you are really limited to South Africa. Namibia has lots of plains game, but no buffalo on game ranches. Hunts in concession areas in other countries are not set up for large groups, more like 3-4 in camp at most partly because the hunting can be very difficult to maximize chances of success. There are big outfitters in South Africa I’m sure could accommodate your hunt without much change to their normal way of business. However, I think there are some big downsides to such a big group with most outfitters. How many will be hunters and how many will be observers? Hunting 1x1, 2x1, or a mix? To accommodate a big group most outfitters will need to bring in several freelance PHs in addition to their regular PHs. Most outfitters only have so many properties they regularly hunt. They might need to put PHs on a property they aren’t familiar hunting and possibly even hunt some properties new to the outfitter. Depending how many hunters and observers want to be on one truck they might need to organize something different than their normal hunting vehicle. I’d limit it to your family and your buddy’s family and plan a hunt from there. The more people you add the more most outfitters will need to do to accommodate your group outside of the normal way they operate. I’m sure camp would be a lot of fun, but the bigger you get the more hunting opportunities I think you give up.

Good morning sir.
We will be able to accommodate you and your family/ hunting party.

We are based in RSA, and is able to offer you those animals. Our Lodge can accommodate 16 people all inclusive.
We never mix groups.

Our hunting area borders the Kruger Park and we offer a variety of activities for the non hunters.

At a big hunting party we will be able to give you more better rates.

Kind regards
Derian

www.dksafaris.co.za

With a large group and possibly buffalo, you are really limited to South Africa. Namibia has lots of plains game, but no buffalo on game ranches. Hunts in concession areas in other countries are not set up for large groups, more like 3-4 in camp at most partly because the hunting can be very difficult to maximize chances of success. There are big outfitters in South Africa I’m sure could accommodate your hunt without much change to their normal way of business. However, I think there are some big downsides to such a big group with most outfitters. How many will be hunters and how many will be observers? Hunting 1x1, 2x1, or a mix? To accommodate a big group most outfitters will need to bring in several freelance PHs in addition to their regular PHs. Most outfitters only have so many properties they regularly hunt. They might need to put PHs on a property they aren’t familiar hunting and possibly even hunt some properties new to the outfitter. Depending how many hunters and observers want to be on one truck they might need to organize something different than their normal hunting vehicle. I’d limit it to your family and your buddy’s family and plan a hunt from there. The more people you add the more most outfitters will need to do to accommodate your group outside of the normal way they operate. I’m sure camp would be a lot of fun, but the bigger you get the more hunting opportunities I think you give up
Hunting would be 2x1 or so with a rifles Im sure.
I really just want to go for a buff, wife wants a zebra, son will shoot a gemsbok, wildebeest, or the sort. Ive sort of given him the choice as long as its not over a Kudu.
My buddy would hunt and he wants to go after a Kudu. *possibly with a bow* (2nd trip)
My two brothers would hunt. No idea on their animals. (first time)
Mom and the wives would probably just be observers and hang out.

I agree Johannesburg is the easiest to fly into.
We might try to do Cape Town or Victoria Falls as well.

Hi @19_A_CPT

I can accommodate your group!
All those animals available on one area!!

I've send you a PM

Cheers
Dieter

Check out Quagga Safaris. Eric Visser and his crew could easily accommodate your party. Great lodging and food and a huge 57,000 acre game reserve with abundant game. I've hunted with them four times and recommend them.

I really just want to go for a buff, wife wants a zebra, son will shoot a gemsbok, wildebeest, or the sort. Ive sort of given him the choice as long as its not over a Kudu.
My buddy would hunt and he wants to go after a Kudu. *possibly with a bow* (2nd trip)

Vic Falls is a must IMHO

Good day sir

We can definately make this trip everything you would hope for

Pm sent

Good day @19_A_CPT
Sure that we would be able to assist you in the Eastern Cape. Simply no place as diverse as here in terms of vegetation and terrain.
Would love to present you with an offer.
Please feel free to drop me a PM here on the forum or an email at info@huntsafaris.co.za

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

For a large group I would recommend Frontier Safaris.

With out a doubt Namibia is the place to go with large groups. Price is low for both, daily rate as well as for trophy fees. Is WAY MORE wild that SA,,,, for me SA is like hunting in any high fence farm in the US or souther Europe (they all say their farm in 5 times bigger and you end up driving to the same feeder every day).
Also, for camp infrastructure, Namibia they have better setup than any of the other countries.
There is a new sponsor on the forum selling hunts for a very good price.

Good Day Sir

Tsala Safaris would be able to accommodate your group and present you with an offer .The camp will be exclusive for your party and we do have the animals on your list.

You are most welcome to contact me.

Regards

Rouan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yuvbfsgf365

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Shaker Crew | Kids Sweatshirt
https://www.braveactiveco.com/products/knit-sweatshirt
Comfortable and premium quality Knit Sweatshirt. Our Knit Sweatshirt is crafted with our exquisite recycled fabric, ensuring a soft and lightweight feel.
John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia