AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Australia/NZ
Hunted
New Zealand, Austaralia
This is the round the Bluff on the Dingleburn Station beside Lake Hawea in Central Otago, new Zealand.

340406141_533142008983754_1003128447599095313_n.jpg

Lets see some other Landrover can do's on or off road in difficult terrain that needs the "can do" to get in and or out and back to civilised territory.

Wuite amazing when you consider most of those are over 60 years old.
View attachment 528669
Fuggured you may be the first to show up Kevin. The first driving I did was in a series one when I was about 7 years old round the hill paddocks in winter towing the trailor for the farm owner to feed out to the sheep.

About to leave the UK for our first attempt at a trip round Africa

Totally unsuitable vehicle as I fitted this series 1 discovery with a 6.2 litre GMC V8 diesel engine which, on reflection, was far too heavy and impossible to keep cool

DSC_0098-5.JPG

Driving down the 200 km of beach from Nouadhibou in the North to the capital of Mauretania - the only route available at the time

DSC_0129.JPG

Stuck again ! This time in the Dogon in Mali

I shouted 1 - 2 - 3 push.
They shouted 1 - 2 - 3 push.
No bugger pushed, but they all wanted paying !!

DSC_0211-1.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0006-2.JPG
    DSC_0006-2.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • DSC_0098-5.JPG
    DSC_0098-5.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 96
toyoda.jpg

Just saying .................. :cool: :A Outta:

You have seen this before, but these little series 1's can do heavy lifting, a buff is no problem. Work vehicles, and yes, toys too.
View attachment 528757
Did you get those door stickers made up for your group of friends? I think that's the name of your group, no? Nice touch.

Just the two you got that in ?

oh plus the camera guy - but even so
There were four of us. This is not the record, but notable because that little Landy is a 1950 80 inch. I think they are the toughest of the lot.

Did you get those door stickers made up for your group of friends? I think that's the name of your group, no? Nice touch.
Yes, our little band of brothers is called Carruthers & Co. Bit of fun.

Get an old one and fix it up. Spares are readily available, and it is part of the fun. You don't need to aim for originality, it gets too hard and can slow things down a lot. The real fun is in using the car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthaMcCl

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg
cwpayton wrote on Goat416's profile.
Goat416 welcome to the forum ,youve got some great pics and Im sure trophy's
ghay wrote on professor's profile.
Hello,
Would you consider selling just the Barnes 235's and 250g TTSX's?
Hunt27 wrote on Tra3's profile.
Spain, i booked through a consultant, i book almost everything through him now and he's done me right. his contact 724 986 7206 if interested and he will have more info to share,
I hunted elephant with Luke Samaris in 2005. It was my fourth safari and I tell you he is a fine gentleman the best. I got the opportunity to meet Patty Curtis, although never hunted with him but enjoyed our conversation around our tent in the Selous. Very sad for a tough guy to leave this world the way he did. Let’s pray the murderers are caught. I hope to see Luke in Nashville.