Kuiu Pattern

I'm not a camo guy, but that's up to you. Dark green, brown and grey (earth tones) work best for Africa. Cotton in camps where they wash daily and iron everything will make things more convenient.

Kuiu attack paints in solid colors perform well. The Kuiu Tiburon paints do not work. These pants are meant for warm weather and are designed to allow air to flow through. The tetse flies go right through them.

I went deer stalking today, tan trousers, drab brown jacket, fingerless gloves( a bit cool) and a light merino balaclava. I do believe in hiding the white of the face. Shot a deer In a forest at about 120 yards. Did the same a few times last week, same gear, same results.
I gave up contributing to the profits of camoflage clothing manufacturers a long time ago. Walk a little, look a lot, it works.

084C4190-8FA4-43DE-924F-CCC6395B2C1E.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve work Kuiu on three trips to Namibia and SA. Verde is what I went with…worked like a charm. Have a great trip.

Kuiu and Sitka make fantastic hunting clothing.

But, IMO&E, it is not "needed" in dry-weather African hunting.

Simply wearing earth tones (olive, dark-tan) and hiding anything "flashy", like a watch, has been sufficient.

African animals are not like public-land NA game. Spend $1,000.00 on an "outfit" if you want to, but it doesn't make any difference to the animals.

I checked with Kuiu and you can't iron their stuff. Everything gets ironed daily there, so that may be an issue. Otherwise, enjoy and good hunting.
Except the merino T shirts which is what I'd be wearing that time of year. Tell them not to iron!

Hi-I’m in Limpopo the end of April. A couple items I was to bring are some of my Kuiu gear and debating between Valo or Verde. Any suggestions for that time of year and location?
Verde for sure.

I have a fair bit of Kuiu clothing and love it. I wouldn’t take it to Africa. Cotton in a dark olive cotton as others have suggested will serve you much better.
Does no one on here know about my favorite piece of clothing whether in Texas or Africa? The Kuiu merino Tshirt is my fav! I am not brand loyal so I have, and will buy, any shirt in merino wool for its versatility. Kryptek makes a Tshirt but Sitka I believe just makes a long sleeve. I have them all!
Call me crazy but I think the Kuiu camo shirt may have just played a role in the leopard choosing my PH instead of me.

As @Mark A Ouellette mentioned in another thread your trackers most likely will not be wearing camo. Leave the camo at home
Neither did my PH or any of the other PHs in camp. Except for up close and personal when archery hunting, I see no need for camo unless one just wants to wear it. Once, I had five bull elk walk out of the forest while I was standing between two aspen trees in the open. Of course, I had a cow tag. I had my required orange hat, vest and orange on my backpack. They walked towards me to within fifteen feet and didn't see me until I moved on purpose so they would go away. The lead five point saw me and then they all WALKED back into the forest. This is on public land with several gunshots going off in the distance. They weren't spooked at all. Crazy!

I have a lot of Kuiu and Sitka, but it doesn't travel to Africa. All cotton stuff from 5.11 is my favorite, in OD, Tundra and Dark khaki (Coyote).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MagdaZiese

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?