Krieghoff Big 5 - .470 Nitro Express

There is a left handed one for sale now (used) at Steve Barnett's...19.5k. One sold here recently by a very reputable member for 19k I believe with numerous accessories and ammo. None for sale at Champlins to compare...one for sale on GI for just under 15k with no extras.

What is a used Krieghoff big 5 in .470 nitro express worth these days?

Good question?
Value is of course what others will pay for it.
Is the Krieghoff in 100% as new condition or significantly less?
You didn't mention how plain or fancy it is?
Do you look at the swirls in the wood and want to jump into them for a swim?
Does it have a pivot (side swing) scope mount?
If so does it come with the rings?

Photos, good quality photos of all parts of the gun help in establishing value within the gun in hand

Then, what have comparable Krieghoffs sold for?

I have looked and looked at these doubles krieghoff seems to be a top contender right under heym . I just ordered a new one from Alamo sports down in Texas of course I won’t see it for another 12 to 14 months but brand new with the accessories. It cost me 22,000+.

This Krieghoff Classic is a 500/416. It is a few steps above the basic grade...

Attachments

• DSC_8735.JPG
    DSC_8735.JPG
    891.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8770.JPG
    DSC_8770.JPG
    996.1 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8754.JPG
    DSC_8754.JPG
    897.8 KB · Views: 8
This Krieghoff Classic is a 500/416. It is a few steps above the basic grade...
That’s one classy and versatile rifle sir; Krieghoff cocking safety is really growing on me after seeing Philips in Zimbabwe and that 500/416 with a good red dot and practice could be a 200yd rifle or probably much further on various game.

Combine that trajectory with TSX and a premium solid such as Hydro and perhaps a good soft point for cats and you’ve got a wide breath of coverage.

I once asked @Hunter-Habib if he could pick any rifle to hunt Tigers with today and he said Krieghoff 500/416.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HiltonMahn