Kodiak mountain goat

@ Milo, thanks for the Unit Intel & sharing your hunting experience - all valuable information + enjoyable to see trophy pics.

May be fun to research AK options for a Non-Resident …
 
@ Milo, thanks for the Unit Intel & sharing your hunting experience - all valuable information + enjoyable to see trophy pics.

May be fun to research AK options for a Non-Resident …
Non-resident requires a guide for goat, unless you find an Alaskan to marry.
 
Well, … Huh, OK … definitely less baggage :Yuck: if I hire my Guide BUT I bet some Hunters have married their Guides!
 
Well, … Huh, OK … definitely less baggage :Yuck:if I hire my Guide BUT I bet some Hunters have married their Guides!

Cheaper to hire the guide.
 
Back when I was not long out of college I realized I'd NEVER be able to hunt like I wanted on a Kansas teacher's salary... so I moved to Alaska. One of the best decisions ever. No guides, lots of super cool things to do (like goat hunt!), and I didn't have to marry someone here to have access to favorable hunt conditions. :A Yeah:

To those who have shared their experiences, suggestions, and eye candy on this thread, thank you. I am grateful.
 
Back when I was not long out of college I realized I'd NEVER be able to hunt like I wanted on a Kansas teacher's salary... so I moved to Alaska. One of the best decisions ever. No guides, lots of super cool things to do (like goat hunt!), and I didn't have to marry someone here to have access to favorable hunt conditions. :A Yeah:

To those who have shared their experiences, suggestions, and eye candy on this thread, thank you. I am grateful.

Hey Tundra Tiger,

I hear ya on the move to the Great State of Alaska - outdoor paradise! I spent 24-yrs in Air Force, AK is considered an Overseas Assignment in the Pacific Command (Asia) & I spent 11-yrs in Asia over four (4) separate tours TRYING to get a follow-on assignment to AK! The timing & stars never properly aligned for my limited medical career field … what a Damn Shame!

I hope the stars align for your goat hunt! Happy Trails.
 
I lived in Alaska almost 10 years and never hunted the goats sadly. Now I'm using Cabelas Tag service to apply for the Kodiak hunt. Odds are pretty good and I should draw in 4 years or less. I always enjoy reading about other's experiences (and suffering!) on these goat hunts.
 
I lived in Alaska almost 10 years and never hunted the goats sadly. Now I'm using Cabelas Tag service to apply for the Kodiak hunt. Odds are pretty good and I should draw in 4 years or less. I always enjoy reading about other's experiences (and suffering!) on these goat hunts.
Why not just hunt RG480 and skip the draw?
 
I've hunted 480 for goat 3 times - killed 2 and helped partners kill 2.

Be prepared for horrible weather - I've spent 2 weeks on the island and never wore raingear. I've also woke up to 6 inches of water around the tent. Last time we were only able to hunt 2 days out of the 7 day hunt, but we shot a goat each day. Group on next lake over got a Coast Guard helicopter ride.

Success tends to be better the further west you go - not because there are more goats, but because the bad weather comes out of the east. Further west will potentially get you more hunting days.

Take a flat shooting rifle that starts with 30. Have your deer tags in case opportunity presents itself at a convenient time. Electric bear fence for base camp is not a bad idea.

Recommend Seahawk Air - Rolan can show you a number of spots to drop you. I would advise flying into a lake above alder line rather than going up from the saltwater.

Nannys are better to eat. The limit is 2.

View attachment 445273View attachment 445274
Milo, ya leave no doubt you're an Alaskan . . . wearing that Helly Hansen Impertech rain coat (y) :cool:
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,293
Messages
1,571,934
Members
169,469
Latest member
LupeMcConn
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Andrew62 wrote on JBonw762's profile.
Hello, I asked the question I did simply to bump it to the top for you. I have a 416 Taylor or I would be very interested in it! It's a real beauty!
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top