Rafiki

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Tanzania
I'll be heading back to TZ in October and bringing my Kindle; I'm looking for book suggestions. On my last safari I brought "Into Africa" by Dugard which was perfect. Since everyone has their personal preferences I tend to like books of historical nature; early exploration and survival. Also about anything about Africa. I'm considering Patersons book on the Tsavo man-eaters for instance.

So what are some favorite songs of this group?

Yes, The Maneaters of Tsavo is a good choice. Also, Corbett's Maneaters of Kumaon.

Gimme Shelter by the Stones has always been a favorite

Empty Glass by Gary Stewart

:cool:

Sorry. I’m so bad.

A Hunter’s Wanderings in Africa by Selous will eat up a lot of time. I always enjoy it.

Skeletons on the Zahara by Dean King is a very good true historical survival story.

Nearly everyone above a certain age has seen "Out of Africa," but very few have read Karen Blixen's actual novel. It is well worth the time. Another lesser known work is "West with the Night" by Beryl Markham. It is autobiographical and superb. Hemingway said that he hated it because no author's first book should be so good.

I'll be heading back to TZ in October and bringing my Kindle; I'm looking for book suggestions. On my last safari I brought "Into Africa" by Dugard which was perfect. Since everyone has their personal preferences I tend to like books of historical nature; early exploration and survival. Also about anything about Africa. I'm considering Patersons book on the Tsavo man-eaters for instance.

So what are some favorite songs of this group?
Death in the Long Grass by Capstick is good read. He may have embellished the stories a bit, but the man could write. Very entertaining.

Nearly everyone above a certain age has seen "Out of Africa," but very few have read Karen Blixen's actual novel. It is well worth the time. Another lesser known work is "West with the Night" by Beryl Markham. It is autobiographical and superb. Hemingway said that he hated it because no author's first book should be so good.
I've read both and also found them wonderful reads, especially Markhams book.

Death in the Long Grass
A Hunter’s Wandering’s in Africa
Green Hills of Africa
Something of Value
Horn of the Hunter
African Game Trails
The wanderings of an elephant hunter
Warrior; The Legend of Col Richard Meinertzhagen
Man Eaters of Tsavo
This list can go on for a while

Below are some books on the Bush War
Three Sips of Gin
Handful of Hard Men
We Dared to Win
Bush War Operator
Recce: small team missions begin enemy lines
The fading light

Death in the Long Grass
A Hunter’s Wandering’s in Africa
Green Hills of Africa
Something of Value
Horn of the Hunter
African Game Trails
The wanderings of an elephant hunter
Warrior; The Legend of Col Richard Meinertzhagen
Man Eaters of Tsavo
This list can go on for a while

Below are some books on the Bush War
Three Sips of Gin
Handful of Hard Men
We Dared to Win
Bush War Operator
Recce: small team missions begin enemy lines
The fading light
Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleby

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]