July Bowhunting Safari

We have made it to City Lodge. It is our anniversary so I had emailed Hannah at Gracy travel and the had us a bucket of beer and some flowers in the room. Sara is in the room next door with interconnected rooms. I’ll save all the travel details for the whole write up, but it’s been almost pretty smooth.

IMG_3330.jpeg

The City Lodge is great, and they have a great restaurant with great prices. I think you'll find that 6 days of hunting is pretty short for a bowhunt to Africa, but you should get several animals each. We normally try to do at least 10-day hunts. Enjoy your trip!

Our second full day is about to start. Sara shot a blesbok about an hour before dark last night. The shot in the video looked almost perfect. Maybe a hair low but should have been dead in about 50 yards. Thet bumped it as it was getting dark but had to leave it overnight due to the amount of buffaloes in the area. I was able to shoot an impala and a wildebeest cow. I also shot another impala but it ducked the string and the arrow hit high. Followed blood on it to but backed out at dark.

IMG_3427.jpeg
IMG_3373.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 2 is over. Sara blesbok was dead not far from where they stopped the track last night. More arrows were shot today and we ended up with a kudu, female eland, and a warthog in the salt. We are all having a great time.

Thanks for the hunting updates! It is greatly apprciated by all of us stuck in the offices. Enjoy every minute and good luck on the rest of the trip.

Day 3 is finished and we are half way done with our hunt already. But after dinner tonight we made plans for our next trip. So as the sun set we now have 9 animals in the salt with todays kills adding another warthog, impala, and gemsbok to the pile. I’ll save the pictures for our final hunt report. It’s a long flight back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Conrad92Q

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?