Judging Kudu

Jerome, in the second paragraph after the second photo you refer to not all kudu horns coming to a point. What do you mean by this? All kudu horns come to a point according to my use of that word.
 
I mean that the curl does not have to come to a point to be either a prime or

This 74 inch trophy Kudu pictured below shows what I mean, his horns never came to a point and never came out into their third curl either. A Kudu does not have to come to a point to be shootable.
full


Here is another example of a 59 inch kudu with horns that are pointing inward.
full


Horns coming to a point
full


full


Here below a Kudu with one horn that came to a point and one that did not not.
full
 
So by coming to a point you mean ending in a vertical section? Or more precisely, a section that is parallel to the longitudinal axis of the horns?
 
So by coming to a point you mean ending in a vertical section? Or more precisely, a section that is parallel to the longitudinal axis of the horns?
Yes.
 
Just got notice my Spiral Slam is ready to ship. All taken in the Limpopo Province of RSA with Eland Safaris. Kudu measured 54" and 55" with a green score of 132 SCI Gold. Eland, Bushbuck and Nyala are solid SCI Silver.

42674976_2127139414005320_397939216874471424_o.jpg
DSCN4210.JPG
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful display and animals! But where's the sitatunga?:rolleyes:
 
Great display and a great idea. Congrats sir. The bushbuck seems to be my unicorn.



He’s hangin with the bongo in a different country.
Then a South African Spiral Slam...
 
@JOHunts , stunning mount! I love it, simply beautiful! Congrats!
 
One of these days! hopefully
Its a tough one these days, Uganda, Zambia? parts of Congo I think, then west Africa. I was fortunate to take one many years ago in Botswana but they closed sitatunga hunting not long after that I think. Probably my most treasured trophy. I am surprised no enterprising soul has got them breeding in RSA yet.
 
Well I was close!
 
Good eye! The right horn came in at 55" and the left at 56". :A Clapping:
The trick is to have the old Mark I eyeballs calibrated annually. I went to a new specialist in Zimbabwe this year ;) Insurance says they won’t cover it though.
Oh, and be a lucky guesser! :D
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,413
Messages
1,575,408
Members
170,317
Latest member
rotegorid1970
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top