Judging Blue Wildebeest

Definitely a mature bull with a all black face and good bosses.
 
Definitely a mature bull with a all black face and good bosses.

Thank you, it was measured in the fields with 125cm and 34/34cm bosses.
It was a super interesting hunt, with almost 14km stalking (8,5 miles) wenn we first saw them :)
 
Ok gents who can guess this spread?

910D6CA7-C0B9-4C84-9757-1D305B687141.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So with no ears to reference it is tricky. This pick up measures 30 inches. Died in the drought of 2018
 
How to make the difference in the field between bull and cow wildebeest?
 
Bulls have the obvious male organ but if this can’t be seen I usually look at the horn bases. Females tend to have smaller bosses since they dont fight for territory. Older bulls also tend to have a darker hue. Young males can also be mistaken for females so check for a sheath!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,790
Members
170,390
Latest member
DYOHenriet
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top