Johnny Blues safari taxidermy progress

paint white the dermis areas , then chocolate brown LITTLE bit of tint of red and then mist in black if you see the red when you spray it used to much , black to preference and angled shot to show rolls
Thank you Dennis
 
Looking good Erik!

@johnnyblues, as the old saying goes “I don’t have a dog in this hunt” but Erik has been posting quite a few pictures of ducks and geese on his Facebook page.....just saying....
 
Looking good!! Cant wait for the final product!!
 
Listen guys, I think Erik is doing a great job on my trophies, I don’t know how many taxidermists would spend the time and effort to create custom one of a kind pedestals as he has done. I did not ask him to build these from scratch, yes the idea for the buffalo pedestal was mine. I didn’t ask him to use solid African moghany. He went out of his way to WOW me. His communication has been outstanding and
his attitude for creating the best possible piece shows in all our conversations.

That being said if by some unlikely reason once they are in my house I don’t like something or feel he misrepresented something I will have no problem letting fellow members know about it. My initial thread was called ‘ a giant leap of faith “ for those they may not remember my decision to let him do this Safari. So far I’m happy with every aspect of this project. And I expect to be thrilled once there home.
 
Looking good Erik!

@johnnyblues, as the old saying goes “I don’t have a dog in this hunt” but Erik has been posting quite a few pictures of ducks and geese on his Facebook page.....just saying....
Yip, very happy with the birds. The one and only “bird man” Jim Myers comes in from time to time when I need to help with birds. I’ve been plugging away at Johnny’s stuff and Jim has been helping me by staying caught up with birds.

1EF4F1A4-1D1B-421C-8B14-DB90DAAA6065.jpeg
2D556ECB-AD81-4860-8F55-C8F397DB49D7.jpeg
09EEECBF-EDCD-41F7-B344-457D04B59C15.jpeg
317FDBCA-76BC-4924-A126-4C24AF5647AD.jpeg
442D92C8-F559-46FA-A405-EAF5362BC2C1.jpeg
BA92CEB4-7C88-4BBC-9246-2FF0D128528A.jpeg
ECD3391D-8D58-478A-AFA5-9018DD60FD52.jpeg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
He’s getting very close. Still have quite a bit of work to do on him but there is light at the end of the tunnel!
91B5D6A0-D692-4F38-A8E0-0F8EC4A2D68C.jpeg
7916C7E4-FF0A-4732-91A2-69F557FCF1A1.jpeg
E1FCC9D5-4A73-4FD9-92AF-D288328F5F2F.jpeg
 
Listen guys, I think Erik is doing a great job on my trophies, I don’t know how many taxidermists would spend the time and effort to create custom one of a kind pedestals as he has done. I did not ask him to build these from scratch, yes the idea for the buffalo pedestal was mine. I didn’t ask him to use solid African moghany. He went out of his way to WOW me. His communication has been outstanding and
his attitude for creating the best possible piece shows in all our conversations.

That being said if by some unlikely reason once they are in my house I don’t like something or feel he misrepresented something I will have no problem letting fellow members know about it. My initial thread was called ‘ a giant leap of faith “ for those they may not remember my decision to let him do this Safari. So far I’m happy with every aspect of this project. And I expect to be thrilled once there home.
faith well spent!!!
 
Looking good Erik!

@johnnyblues, as the old saying goes “I don’t have a dog in this hunt” but Erik has been posting quite a few pictures of ducks and geese on his Facebook page.....just saying....
The mans a workaholic believe me. He obsessed and loves his work.
 
Oh man I cant wait to see it on the pedestal!! :A Popcorn:
 
Not sure I would want to see that...Not that there's anything wrong with little people...(y)
 
Anxiously and patiently waiting for the final product. I love seeing the pictures and the progress made on these mounts. (y)(y)
 
Anxiously and patiently waiting for the final product. I love seeing the pictures and the progress made on these mounts. (y)(y)
Is kinda fun...
 
I’m waiting for video of midget stripper popping out of pedistal
Cheers[emoji56]
Jacques, now that is just down right perverted!
But who am I to argue with an artists vision. A full size stripper would be difficult to get into that box I recon
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,325
Messages
1,573,054
Members
169,692
Latest member
PrestonWat
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top