John Talbot Clifton Rigby .275

What a beautiful rifle and a wonderful story! Good on you for taking on the care of such a fine piece of history. I'm curious, where did the rifle spend the time from 1928 - 2022?
Cash_tx
I found the rifle in a run down shop in London, I bought it not knowing who it had belonged to, I sent the rifles info to Max Q at Rigby, low and behold, it was confirmed to be Talbot Clifton’s.

Remarkable rifle, with great history!
Congrats!

Cash_tx
I found the rifle in a run down shop in London, I bought it not knowing who it had belonged to, I sent the rifles info to Max Q at Rigby, low and behold, it was confirmed to be Talbot Clifton’s.
Even better! I can only imagine the surprise and thrill of finding out the rifle's history.

I will reload for and shoot the rifle, but I don’t plan on hunting with it. As Schmijar so aptly put it, I am the “caretaker” of this rifle. My plan is to keep her fit and clean in honor of Mr. Talbot.
Oh no, don't even consider parking it. That rifle absolutely should hunt again. Clifton's soul may (even should) move on if you don't use it.

IMG_1186.gif

Most excellent! What a piece of history and to think it was found in a little run down shop. I see nothing wrong with taking it hunting on a nice day, in fact it might be a disservice not to use it the way it was intended. I would imagine Mr. Talbot Clifton would heartily approve! After all, it is chambered in the world's finest hunting cartridge! ;)

Mr. Talbot Clifton may haunt you if you do not take that beauty hunting. Congratulations on finding such a beautiful rifle. Now, take it hunting, and post some pictures with the animals taken. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DominiqueM

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?