John Rigby rifle

Thank you @Professor Mawla

Maybe it will be of interest for you, recently Austrian gun maker Steyr, has produced "lead free" rifle.
Designed specifically for lead free ammunition. (the only "lead free" rifle I know about so far)

At the time I researched a bit, but couldnt find details of barrel design and what would be the difference when compared to classic rifle barrel.
Unfortunately, it is made only in 30-06 and 300 win mag calibers. So, not for any large Dangerous game.

So, let it remain as curiosity for the purpose of this subject. But there just might be something about it.



Steyr lead free.jpg
 
Last edited:
I wonder if there is any real difference or if the marketing department came up with this in a brainstorming session? [emoji12]
 
Thank you @Professor Mawla

Maybe it will be of interest for you, recently Austrian gun maker Steyr, has produced "lead free" rifle.
Designed specifically for lead free ammunition. (the only "lead free" rifle I know about so far)

At the time I researched a bit, but couldnt find details of barrel design and what would be the difference when compared to classic rifle barrel.
Unfortunately, it is made only in 30-06 and 300 win mag calibers. So, not for any large Dangerous game.

So, let it remain as curiosity for the purpose of this subject. But there just might be something about it.



View attachment 367428
@mark-hunter
This is fascinating . It appears to be a pure novelty . My .458 Winchester Magnum was made in 1973 and it can handle 475 grain South African PMP monometal solid brass bullets just as safely as conventional Hornady steel jacketed lead cored bullets .

I wonder if this is merely some new marketing ploy .
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,679
Members
168,947
Latest member
Menterizz
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top