Ivory import to the USA

Hayti

AH member
Joined
Oct 12, 2021
Messages
21
Reaction score
4
I'm in the first stage of planning an elephant hunt and would like to bring the tusks back to the USA. If someone has done this I'd appreciate any information you can pass my way including costs. Thanks
 
I'm in the first stage of planning an elephant hunt and would like to bring the tusks back to the USA. If someone has done this I'd appreciate any information you can pass my way including costs. Thanks

the answer is maybe. It depends. From where? Hunting with whom? In what concession? Worth reading some threads as getting an importable elephant is much harder than getting the freight shipped.

As to price of import, the costs grow daily as options of shippers reduce.

$4000 is a good estimate, landed, if I’d I had to guess. (Shipping and permits, not counting customs or last mile freight forward, or bonded customs storage)
 
I'm in the first stage of planning an elephant hunt and would like to bring the tusks back to the USA. If someone has done this I'd appreciate any information you can pass my way including costs. Thanks
There have been no elephant imports for many (not sure exactly) years. SCI won a case against UsFWS and they are now processing the giant backlog of ivory. It looks to be going well.
Go hunt your elephant and hooe for the best on the import.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,288
Messages
1,570,686
Members
168,958
Latest member
WilliaNolan
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top