Italian doubles?

The right woman will never leave you if you bought a Heym or Kreighoff double rifle. If she does…she wasn’t the right woman.

I wouldn’t waste my time and money on a lesser double…or lesser woman for that matter.
I have got the right woman in my life . Over the past 37 years she has bought me double rifles from H&H , Purdey , Rigby , WR and John Shirley . No Italian DRs although I admire their shotguns very much. Any DR in the 450-470NE calibres really does need to weigh around 10.5 pounds in my opinion .

Do not buy Sabatti Doubles! Trust me please. Horrible regulation on the two I have(Had) 9.3-74R and a 500. Still have the 500 and had to put allot of money into through JJ and Ken Owen to finally get it to shoot well. Should have purchased a Merkel.
Plus Sabatti service and customer support is the worst I have ever experienced. Still fighting with them to warranty some portion of my expense to have my new rifle regulated correctly.

I just came back from an elephant hunt with my Rizzini Rhino in .470 Nitro. While Rare Breed finds it to be unbearable, I have found it to be quite tolerable and enjoyed carrying it in the field. It was heavy at times, after longer walks, but not to the point of fatigue. I am 5' 9" and 185 lbs and assume that the factory LOP is more suitable to my build than those of taller stature, which may have been Rare Breeds issue. At one point on the sticks during target practice however, it did tend to give me bit of whiplash, but that was my own fault for not leaning into it properly. The following shot was not even nearly as felt as the first.

Beyond that, the regulation is incredible. This gun groups shots into the orange at 40 yards with the designated factory ammunition. It certainly is more capable than my abilities. When checking zero in Africa after travel, it shot 1/2" off the black bullseye at 40 yards off of sticks on the first shot...that was good enough for me and the PH. I can say that if you aren't in the market for a $20k double, I would not be afraid to look at the Rizzini Rhino Express in .470.

And I have never had a lick of trouble regarding doubling, loose forearm or any other mechanical issue.
That’s great to hear and glad you like it!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FSGWaylon3

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]
Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa