Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA
Hunted
Michigan, Texas, Missouri, Limpopo Province South Africa
Previous threads indicated Woodleigh would tentatively be back in production towards the end of the year (2023.) Has anyone gotten an email or spoken to the owner about their current status? I'm looking for some 500 Gr. PP (s) in 458. Now that Huntington Die Specialties has gone out of business will there be any vendors other than the larger supply houses stocking them?

their last update on the web page about this was 21 August, so I doubt they're back yet.

Geoff is back in production, his first major production run was to fulfil a contractual obligation with a major ammo company. Not all the dies could be restored so the there will be some styles that won't re-appear in the immediate future. He's currently doing a run of 458 cal projectiles. I believe the 400gr PPSN are among the current batch, don't now about the 500gr PPSN. I'm expecting some to arrive next week, fingers crossed.

I just bought 950 of the .474 500gn RNSN. Which apparently were new production. There are a few showing up in some of the Australian shops now…
Hanging out for the 300gn .375 in HD to be produced again

Previous threads indicated Woodleigh would tentatively be back in production towards the end of the year (2023.) Has anyone gotten an email or spoken to the owner about their current status? I'm looking for some 500 Gr. PP (s) in 458. Now that Huntington Die Specialties has gone out of business will there be any vendors other than the larger supply houses stocking them?

Yes. And I know a guy who is trying to help find a replacement for Huntington’s.

I would also like some 480 gr 458s with the cannelure set for the win mag.

@Shootist43
Art I was talking to Geoff's wife a few weeks back and they are up and running in a limited capacity hoping to be in full production soon.
Bob

Latest email from Geoff a couple days ago is that they hope to have a US distributor by February or March '24

Yes, as mentioned, we are starting to see limited projectiles coming out of Woodleigh through Australian resellers. But "full production" is still a long way off. Its great to see bullets being produced again, but its really only phase one of a long process.

Its not like Woodleigh could ever produce all the bullets in their line up simultaneously. They are batching them through in production runs and will probably take years to build up their inventory again. Given having to replace some of their dies and fulfil the backlog of orders, they are going to be reactive for some time to come unfortunately.

The first thing Geoff did after the fire was clean up all saleable inventory that had survived and liquidate it to fulfil some of the demand and pull in cash to help rebuild. So not only have they had to rebuild the plant, they now have to rebuild stock levels, and that is in an environment that has been starved for product for a couple of years.

Well, its good to see new stock of Woodleigh becoming available in Australia again. I just ran out of 286gn RNSN for my sons 9.3x74, and I am getting low on 320gn RNSN for my 9.3x64. I was great being able to order some online and have them arrive a few days later (y)

IMG-7450.jpg
IMG-7451.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, its good to see new stock of Woodleigh becoming available in Australia again. I just ran out of 286gn RNSN for my sons 9.3x74, and I am getting low on 320gn RNSN for my 9.3x64. I was great being able to order some online and have them arrive a few days later (y)

View attachment 630623View attachment 630624

@rifletuner - do you know if a Canadian can order Woodleigh bullets from Australia? Are the reloading bullets controlled items in Australia?
My 9.3x64 is hungry for 320gr as well.

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:

@rifletuner
Dropped into see Geoff and Shirley at the factory while I was on holidays. Geoff was almost finished his run of .338s and was about to start on production of 30 cals followed by 7 mm then 6.5s. He hopes to have caught up on back orders soon then start full production.
He is not a young man and I don't know if he has anyone to carry the torch after he is gone.
Him and Shirley are great people and the salt of the earth. I dropped in unannounced and was made welcome.
An added bonus I picked up these as well
PXL_20240822_014829493.jpg
Some of these will be going state side to my good friend (aka good buddy in US lingo) @Rick HOlbert to try in his 358 Winchester. Loaded to 2500-2600 fps they should be a real hammer on deer and hogs.
It was great to catch up with Geoff. One part of the shed still bears the scares of the fire to remind them of what happened.
The machinery has mostly been rebuilt, mostly by Geoff and he was fortunate to find someone to rewind the coils on the old machines. This is a lost art and he was lucky to find someone to do it. Even tho his machinery is old it is in pristine condition now and Geoff even does all the maintenance himself.
Shirley individually inspects every bullet to ensure they are fine. There are over 12 steps in producing a single bullet. There are no computers and all work is done the old fashioned way.
I did ask him how they bond the core and jacket but it's a trade secret.
PXL_20240821_235504983.jpg
Geoff and I outside his humble workshop (aka shed). The scars of the fire are still on the wall as a reminder.
I hope this information is useful as it is straight from Geoff to me. No I heard it someone who got told by a mate of a mate.

@rifletuner - do you know if a Canadian can order Woodleigh bullets from Australia? Are the reloading bullets controlled items in Australia?
My 9.3x64 is hungry for 320gr as well.

Cheers.
@V.Veritas
Woodleigh do send projectiles overseas to licenced distributor but don't to individuals because of import problems.
As an individual I have sent projectiles to the USA and England without issue and this surprised Geoff.
Someone should be able to send you some from Australia.
I send them as special order gas plugs, ie three eights or half inch experimental gas plugs. Expanding or solid gas plugs . Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Translate to 35 cal and .510 cal projectiles.
Bob

@rifletuner
Dropped into see Geoff and Shirley at the factory while I was on holidays. Geoff was almost finished his run of .338s and was about to start on production of 30 cals followed by 7 mm then 6.5s. He hopes to have caught up on back orders soon then start full production.
He is not a young man and I don't know if he has anyone to carry the torch after he is gone.
Him and Shirley are great people and the salt of the earth. I dropped in unannounced and was made welcome.
View attachment 630637Some of these will be going state side to my good friend (aka good buddy in US lingo) @Rick HOlbert to try in his 358 Winchester. Loaded to 2500-2600 fps they should be a real hammer on deer and hogs.
It was great to catch up with Geoff. One part of the shed still bears the scares of the fire to remind them of what happened.
The machinery has mostly been rebuilt, mostly by Geoff and he was fortunate to find someone to rewind the coils on the old machines. This is a lost art and he was lucky to find someone to do it. Even tho his machinery is old it is in pristine condition now and Geoff even does all the maintenance himself.
Shirley individually inspects every bullet to ensure they are fine. There are over 12 steps in producing a single bullet. There are no computers and all work is done the old fashioned way.
View attachment 630645Geoff and I outside his humble workshop (aka shed). The scars of the fire are still on the wall as a reminder.
I hope this information is useful as it is straight from Geoff to me. No I heard it someone who got told by a mate of a mate.
Dang. I guess I had forgotten you were so tall.

@rifletuner
View attachment 630637Some of these will be going state side to my good friend (aka good buddy in US lingo) @Rick HOlbert to try in his 358 Winchester. Loaded to 2500-2600 fps they should be a real hammer on deer and hogs.
View attachment 630645Geoff and I outside his humble workshop (aka shed). The scars of the fire are still on the wall as a reminder.
Hi mate

I have been to the Woodleigh factory before, but it was back in the late 1990s. That year the SSAA Big Game Rifle club Woodleigh shoot was hosted by Geoff and we all had a factory tour. Then Geoff went out and shot a pig which we had on the BBQ for dinner that night and we all camped on his property that night. I was lucky enough to win the Woodleigh shoot event that year.

Its interesting to think about how lucky Geoff was with the timing of setting up Woodleigh. Not only was there the unfilled demand for bullets to suit the old English rifles, there was also a ready supply of old, but excellent, equipment available as the ADI ammunition plant was being decommissioned. Both Woodleigh and Bertram were big beneficiaries of equipment from that plant, and I wonder if they could have afforded to set up without that source of manufacturing equipment.

I imported a bunch of Woodleigh bullets from Australia through a dealer in Victoria @SamHuntVic and had to get an import permit from ATF that was pure bureaucracy, but I got the permit.

He keeps heaps of the large and odd calibers on hand and Hydros to, so if you live down under I can recommend him.

.470ne Hydro from my tuskless in July, this solid went through a 4” branch @ 11 paces and broke the shoulder and hit heart and was found under the opposite side between the broke rib and skin when an axe hacked into it.
IMG_3470.jpeg

Unfortunately, he doesn’t do international anymore but I know there are dealers that will.

@RAVEN ROCKS PRECISION is going to be one of the new Woodleigh dealers in USA and I think they can do Canada also.

@V.Veritas
Woodleigh do send projectiles overseas to licenced distributor but don't to individuals because of import problems.
As an individual I have sent projectiles to the USA and England without issue and this surprised Geoff.
Someone should be able to send you some from Australia.
I send them as special order gas plugs, ie three eights or half inch experimental gas plugs. Expanding or solid gas plugs . Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Translate to 35 cal and .510 cal projectiles.
Bob
And it got you away from 'golf course' country, Bob!

Looks like you are another one of those Mexican’s who likes his Sambar to stay put when it’s hit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vera40518

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well