Is this normal behavior by a Safari outfitter?

"Punish anyone through tips..." That is exactly what tips are about, poor service, no tips. Tips are for good service. Brian

"Punish anyone through tips..." That is exactly what tips are about, poor service, no tips. Tips are for good service. Brian
Only if you're actually affecting the right person. It is NEVER ok to withhold tips from the workers who do their job well to try and make a point to the bosses who will be completely unaffected.

Knowing who the outfitter is, knowing they list the $180/day per hunter in their contract as a special “reduced rate” and it’s not an oversight or mistake. That they offer reductions on using their taxidermy, and “discounts” on printed trophy fees, etc my advice would be to forego the extra day and take advantage of the extra day to do a little sightseeing.

Afton House is a great place to relax. They can secure your firearms for you while you sightsee. Have Elize coordinate a driver, you can do one one the tours (mines, lions, parks, etc), go visit a few restaurants, a good cigar shop, Safari Outdoors, etc.

Enjoy your hunt with your family and friends, make the most of it and your first trip to Africa but don’t let this dissuade you or taint Africa for you. You’re going to have the time of your life.

I just wanna post an update on the disagreements that seem to have risen between @Scott CWO and I. He reached out to me and we just spoke on the phone and he could not have been more understanding or helpful. There were a couple critical pieces of information that I had not disclosed publicly which helped him to understand my position as well, and I certainly understand his as an outfitter!

Well done gentleman!! Love that and nothing beats a live 1:1:) Huge benefit of this site.

Only if you're actually affecting the right person. It is NEVER ok to withhold tips from the workers who do their job well to try and make a point to the bosses who will be completely unaffected.
Yes, that's a good point. Brian

Yeah this whole mess is over $240!! What a joke.
Yea we all have things that come up similar to this. When it does I just go along with it but hold them accountable on The other end! (Tips)

$120 a day sounds like an observer price. $420 is really high unless its for dangerous came. For plains game I'd expect $250 for 1 on 1 and $190 for 1 on 2

$120 a day sounds like an observer price. $420 is really high unless its for dangerous came. For plains game I'd expect $250 for 1 on 1 and $190 for 1 on 2
I haven’t seen 1x1 rates lower than $325 a day. I must be looking in the wrong places. Most observer rates run between $150 and $180.

I'm still confused after all the reading and rereading and rereading and more rereading to figure out exactly what the complaint is.

Is this $420.00 per person or for the group?

Per person it seems ridiculously high.
For the group that's not bad. Considering it is an added on extra hunting day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zacharoo13

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available