Is the 275 Rigby up to larger Plains Game like kudu?

Spike, Iooked hard and long for a Highland Stalker in 275 Rigby, but none locally. So I shifted the sights to a Ruger No1 in 7x57, because as you know I love the things. Found one that had been 'improved', ghastly mess. And that lead to a brand new No1 in 30-06 that had been sitting on a store shelf in Johannesburg, forgotten. So it was duly snapped up and fitted with a Swarovski 1-6 x 24 EE. I hope you will not be too disappointed!
Rest assured that 30-06 will easily handle any chore you would ask of a 7x57. Nice rig!

Been shooting a 7x57 all week… have taken multiple blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok, and a jackal… it’s a great PG cartridge…

Been shooting a 7x57 all week… have taken multiple blue wildebeest, black wildebeest, red hartebeest, springbok, and a jackal… it’s a great PG cartridge…

Maybe one day you will get daring and venture north of the zambezi with it.... ;) :E Rofl:

I'm very late to this conversation.

I shot two rather scruffy cull eland bulls within minutes of each other using my .275 Rigby Highland Stalker. One was a one shot kill, the other took two, but the fault there was mine, not the rifle's.

The .275, especially one as nicely balanced as the Rigby, is what in the old days we'd have called a "sweet rifle." You can seriously shoot all day long with no negative after effects - I shot 85 or so cull animals (springbok, fallow deer, blesbok, kudu, black wildebeest, the two eland and some others) in 10 days - I would not have wanted to do that with my .300 Win Mag.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franklin92