Is swift A-Frame going way of the dinosaur?

I would doubt it. There shop isn't that big and they stay slammed and behind. Talking to them at DSC in January it sounded like they were selling everything they could make.
They weren't even offering any show discounts like they normally do.
They are in a small town in Kansas with a limited workforce.

I would doubt it. There shop isn't that big and they stay slammed and behind. Talking to them at DSC in January it sounded like they were selling everything they could make.
Yeah I bet they are slammed with bread and butter contract orders
The do supply multiple companies like Remington, fiocchi and other big companies
With scirocco II small caliber bullets
The Afram is becoming a more specialized product and special customer base

If you want Swift A-Frame bullets to reload just attend the SCI show in Nashville. The Swift booth has bullets in hand ready to sell, you can buy all the bullets you can carry.

Premium Control Expansion Bullets On The Current Market:

- Barnes TSX
- North Fork Semi Spitzer & Percussion Point
- Hammer Bullets
- Hornady DGX Bonded
- Rhino Solid Shank (not sure if they export to USA)
- Wim Degol Stark Mantel (not sure if they export to USA)
There may be a few others also.
I would certainly consider these also.
CEB - Raptor and Maximus

No love for the TBBC?
Oh, hands down my favorite Cape buffalo bullet. But Federal has been unfortunately listing it as “Out of Stock” in almost all calibers after the outbreak of the Chinese virus. It was this lack of availability of the Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Bear Claw which led me to try out the Barnes TSX (which is readily available in ,375 Holland & Holland Magnum caliber) out of compulsion and begin to admire it.

Speak of Dropping the ball. I sent an email to Hornady on brass for reloaders and was basically told that they were loading only for ammo that sold. At least for now the reloaders are not on their radar. You can find creedmore stuff but not classic DSG. Just my 2 cents.

Speak of Dropping the ball. I sent an email to Hornady on brass for reloaders and was basically told that they were loading only for ammo that sold. At least for now the reloaders are not on their radar. You can find creedmore stuff but not classic DSG. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah , I shoot a 375 ruger and hoard the brass , $80-120 per box of factory garbage
Just to turn around and reload the premium stuff

You are right! I did that with the 450-400 ., it is the only reasonable thing to do at this time. I don't expect things to change back to normal anytime soon.

I don’t think anyone is. The choice is Pick an alternate or don’t hunt. Swift needs to produce some bullets to keep the market, if they even want to keep it.
A-frames make almost everyone's list for favorite hunting bullets and yet you can't find them to reload anywhere. They are like unicorns. I moved on long ago to have repeatable recipes that I can load, shoot and replace with the same thing. Honestly, I should sell my remaining A-frames and replace them with bullets that are actually in the supply chain.

A-frames make almost everyone's list for favorite hunting bullets and yet you can't find them to reload anywhere. They are like unicorns. I moved on long ago to have repeatable recipes that I can load, shoot and replace with the same thing. Honestly, I should sell my remaining A-frames and replace them with bullets that are actually in the supply chain.
I understand the thinking but I wouldn’t sell them. For hunting accuracy and hunting ranges, they should hit reasonably close to the same point of impact as other lead core bullets at the same velocity. Also as of now, no other bullet manufacturer in that category has really proven consistent supply. North Fork looks promising but time will tell.

. . . If you hold on to the swifts a few more years, they might also turn into an investment worth selling!

I'm GTG with A-Frames & NorthForks in .30-06, 9.3mm, and .375.

What I'm waiting for (still patiently) is for the 350 grain NF Spitzer to make an appearance so I can compare them against the equivalent Weldcore.

I understand the thinking but I wouldn’t sell them. For hunting accuracy and hunting ranges, they should hit reasonably close to the same point of impact as other lead core bullets at the same velocity. Also as of now, no other bullet manufacturer in that category has really proven consistent supply. North Fork looks promising but time will tell.

. . . If you hold on to the swifts a few more years, they might also turn into an investment worth selling!
True they are just sitting there quietly…like t-bills.

You sound just like i did last year ...the military production side has definitely taken over ....but when available stockpile all you can if you are canadian i may have some websites available

Several years ago we moved to Blaser R8 rifles and found the Barnes TTSX & TSX were the most accurate. Even better than the SAF’s we had been using. We shoot 300 grain 375H&H and 165 grain 300WM.

I bought a (near) lifetime supply pre-COVID and sold the SAF’s not long after. The only other ammo I’ve picked up is some inexpensive PPU target stuff for range work.

Since mid-2020 I’ve seen the availability of Swift go in the dump, while the Barnes offerings remained relatively stable.

Is the SAF dead, certainly not. But they need to do a better job of meeting market demands to remain relevant with the upcoming Federal Terminal Ascent and revamped TBBC.

Technology continues to change the shape of the world and ammo is no different.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HoracioSpi

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?