Is swift A-Frame going way of the dinosaur?

poco

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Puro pinche low fence hunting, Anglo SCI
Hunted
Mexico, Canada,USA, Spain, Morocco
I have been looking for some swift .375 and when I get to looking it seems every caliber from .270 on up has a unavailable on the swift website, I presume swift has just made a choice to faze them out and ramp production of the Socorro
Also seems Speer has discontinued the grand slam in .375 ?

If you are looking for loaded ammo Pendleton ammunition has them. If you are looking for an alternative I think North Fork SS is as close as you will get for quality bonded bullet. To my knowledge Federal hasn’t made any trophy bonded bear claws in large calibers since Covid either.

I would doubt it. There shop isn't that big and they stay slammed and behind. Talking to them at DSC in January it sounded like they were selling everything they could make.

I have been looking for some swift .375 and when I get to looking it seems every caliber from .270 on up has a unavailable on the swift website, I presume swift has just made a choice to faze them out and ramp production of the Socorro
Also seems Speer has discontinued the grand slam in .375 ?
- I would not run with that assumption.

- Sign up at Swift to be notified when the A-Frames are available. And when they are, buy what you think you need, and then triple the order.

- 'ol Bill Hober is gettin' on in years so I'm hoping a well thought out transition plan is in place for when he retires from the day-to-day stuff.

- I'm impressed with Speer's Impact bonded bullet, at least in .30-06. I'm keeping an eye out for their 9.3mm and .375 offerings down the road. Take a look.

Last edited:
If you are looking for loaded ammo Pendleton ammunition has them. If you are looking for an alternative I think North Fork SS is as close as you will get for quality bonded bullet. To my knowledge Federal hasn’t made any trophy bonded bear claws in large calibers since Covid either.
I think north fork and barns & Norma will get my business
Especially Norma &barns in my smaller calibers because they have factory loads in everything I shoot available regularly

Swift has dropped the ball imo , maybe someone will buy them out and move them from BFE Kansas to solve their labor shortage

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harvester

Latest profile posts

Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles