is it worth 15 extra hours to fly Qatar vs Delta?

Emirates is by far the best airlines I have flown. Both Emirates and Qatar have a rigid system on ensuring your firearms leave when you do.

I’m just not a fan of the Doha airport departure gate system.
But im not a fan of JFK, Dulles or Atlanta either

So back to the :cool:ship idea

I’m also not a fan of Doha connections at this present moment because I think there is a risk of war / missile strike. A high one? No. But about as much risk as visiting Belarus right now. Both countries as examples are harboring adjutants in ongoing wars. (Israel-Palestine in the former, Russia-Ukraine in the latter)

Most people won’t think it’s a risk at all, but I’m a risk averse kinda fella so just pointing out I prefer to where I don’t think my travel will be interrupted. Dubai is about as stable a country as one can find at present, so I favor that layover.

If your destination is other than JHB, I want to point out the weakest link in the chain is the unreliable, perpetually bankrupt, and frequently changing carriers that get you from JHB to the surrounding country of your choice. They break down. They change brands. They change gun rules. I try to avoid regional carriers for last-leg portions of a trip if at all possible. (E.g. Air Zimbabwe, Mango, SAA Airlink, etc.)

As someone who just took a long route through Europe on Atlantic Air in Upper Class, I say no. The service was great but the extra time was not worth it.
Next time I'll be flying Delta again. Even if it means I'm in Premium Economy instead of Business Class

I did it in January, flew Q Suites DFW-DOH-JNB. Took some walks up and down the plane to stretch my legs and I'd say the Qatar economy seemed to be nicer than delta, but not enough to warrant the incremental travel time. It was pretty easy to fly with rifles as long as you have your forms properly filled out. Keep them printed and in an outside pocket of your carry-on as you'll be showing them a lot.

I really enjoyed flying through Doha, and the Al Mourjan business lounge is incredible. Service in business class was top notch, but even still - the novelty really wears off about 10 hours into the home flight and you'll just want to be home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taging653

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Brian wrote on Skshyk's profile.
Thank for the laughing post! You have a keen sense of humour. I am usually able to just ignore those geniuses but this time I could not get past it. chuckle, Brian
Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]