Into to large caliber rifles

Stock design makes a big difference to me.

I feel no discernable difference in recoil between by Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H and my CZ 550 in .416 Rigby (with the Euro - style stock, of which I don't particularly like the look). For my last buffalo hunt, I went with the CZ, just because it was the heavier hammer, that I could shoot just as well.

If I could only have 2 rifles, however, it would be a .375 H&H and a .30/06.

I recently picked up a CZ in .375 H&H for a super deal. 1 in the chamber and 5 in the magazine - an African 6-shooter!!!

I might just set the old push feed Winchester free...

Stock fit is crucial. My first 9.3x62 kicked badly and gave me a good case of scope-eye. Even without a scope on it, it tries to rear up and hurt the shooter. It's worse than my 458 Lott for felt recoil. Bought another 9.3x62, a CZ550. Same weight, same LOP, lovely to shoot all day. Only difference is the stock design. The first will either get sold or restocked.

Stock design makes a big difference to me.

I feel no discernable difference in recoil between by Winchester Model 70 in .375 H&H and my CZ 550 in .416 Rigby (with the Euro - style stock, of which I don't particularly like the look). For my last buffalo hunt, I went with the CZ, just because it was the heavier hammer, that I could shoot just as well.

If I could only have 2 rifles, however, it would be a .375 H&H and a .30/06.

I recently picked up a CZ in .375 H&H for a super deal. 1 in the chamber and 5 in the magazine - an African 6-shooter!!!

I might just set the old push feed Winchester free...
I got 7 into mine . Unbelievable !

I will try to push a little harder, next time I load the magazine.

An African "7-Shooter" couldn't be beat!

I will try to push a little harder, next time I load the magazine.

An African "7-Shooter" couldn't be beat!
I know it’s good to have as many as possible in the magazine, but seriously…how many do you really need?

After 4 or 5 shots of quality DG ammo if you don’t have time to reload your magazine…your first shot should have been better.

You know, there’s a reason people make cartridge slides and ammo belts. I suppose it’s for those of us who can’t fit that many in the mag. ;)

I said better availability of the Ruger offering, 100% different from what you quoted me as saying. Let me explain availability.

I Just logged into largest whole sale house in the US and checked on 375 Ruger and 375 H&H ammo. The are only five loadings listed for the 375 Ruger and three of those are in stock, I could push a button and order cases for the store. As far as the 375 H&H goes there are 19 different choices and Zero (0) are available.
The perception of 375 H&H rifles and ammo more available as 375 Ruger is an old one and have to change, because in most areas in Canada, South Africa and Namibia it is not the case anymore. Hornady did its homework, and the distribution of their products is definitely on, and above par in most areas....even in Africa hunters and PH's realize by now what is the advantages of the Ruger cartridge. Therefore, we can no longer deny, it is here to stay.

The perception of 375 H&H rifles and ammo more available as 375 Ruger is an old one and have to change, because in most areas in Canada, South Africa and Namibia it is not the case anymore. Hornady did its homework, and the distribution of their products is definitely on, and above par in most areas....even in Africa hunters and PH's realize by now what is the advantages of the Ruger cartridge. Therefore, we can no longer deny, it is here to stay.
The .375 Ruger, and 416 Ruger for that matter work on standard long actions, no magnum length action needed. That's a big factor for me I like to get old M70s re-barreled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeanKeighl

Latest profile posts

EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on MarcoPani's profile.
Happy Birthday, from Grahamstown, South Africa.
I hope your day is great!
Cheers
Marius
EC HUNTING SAFARIS wrote on Ilkay Taskin's profile.
Happy Birthday from Grahamstown, South Africa! I hope you have a great day!
Cheers, Marius
idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]