Into The Thorns

I finally got the post it note off my desk today that said "call Jay and get on the list for Into the Thorns."

Spoke with him today, and like Rare Breed said, they arrive in Houston on June 20th and then he'll be reaching out to everyone who got on the list.

Just reserved a copy. Thanks for the heads up on this, not sure how I missed this thread. I've been looking for this book for a while without paying through the nose for it.

Thank you for bringing this up! A leopard hunt is my dream hunt so I just called and got one reserved!

I just called Good Books in the Woods…they say the books are delayed a few more days but shouldn’t be terribly much longer. Expecting around the 28th of June possibly into early July worse case.

As a heads up, should one be interested, they have Wayne Grants other book, Drums of the Morning, in stock also. I’m having them ship a copy at the same time as Into the Thorns.

Good day fellow AH members. I trust everyone at DSC is having fun so far.

I have some splendid news regarding Into The Thorns, by renowned leopard hunter Wayne Grant. As most of you know, the book is considered to be the ultimate authority on leopard hunting.

I spoke with Wayne last night, and he informed me that one of his agents, after receiving numerous requests over the years for his remarkable 2008 book, Into the Thorns, convinced him to do a second edition.

Having received plenty requests on the forum to source a second hand copy in South Africa at any price, I recon this is wonderful news indeed.

According to Wayne the second edition is limited to 1000 signed copies only, and that these copies can be solely purchased from Good Books in the Woods in Houston. I understand that the new addition has some added information and chapters. Unfortunately I can not shed any light on the price of the book, but if you make contact with Good Books in the Woods, they will certainly be able to give much more info on this second edition and it’s price. What I can say for sure is that the new second edition will retail for much cheaper than I have seen some members on this forum pay for the odd first edition that comes up for sale.

Kind regards,

Dewald

View attachment 579833
View attachment 579834
Thank you so much for letting us know! Got one reserved!

For others, considering it, they are going to be $150 each.

Thank you so much for letting us know! Got one reserved!

For others, considering it, they are going to be $150 each.
Jay called today!!! I paid for book and it is on the way. For those of you not buying don’t be crying when they are all gone!!!

Jay called today!!! I paid for book and it is on the way. For those of you not buying don’t be crying when they are all gone!!!
Paid for mine also. Will be in my hands next week. Will ration out the reading so it lasts longer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmieWool

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Sue Tidwell's profile.
Just finished your book (audio) and ordered a hardback for my Library. You did a wonderful job explaining the way conservation works in Africa, and my wife is interested in reading your book now. Thank you for your work.
Bluecyclone wrote on LES7's profile.
Hello there,
Could you tell me if your model 70 has two recoil lugs? I have heard some of the super express rifles had one, while the safari express has two.
Thank you.
Brant.
Saddlemaker wrote on Drexel64742's profile.
Hi Drexel, Would like to purchase your brass , Would a business check be fine?
overunderranger wrote on Stamp Collector's profile.
I'm interested in the 28 gauge Ruger, if you still have it.
Tanner wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I’m blown away the rifle hasn’t sold. I will take it!