International Big Game Rifle / Dangerous Game Shoot. 24 - 25 Aug 2024

Cruzntwo

Reaction score
More information on the SSAA Big Game web site

IMG_2965.jpeg
IMG_2966.jpeg
IMG_2967.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I know there could be 2-3 from our side BASA coming over to shoot with you its all in the planning stages.

It's part of my bucket list for one day.

Drat I’m there for a hunt four weeks later. Would have loved to go

I'm locked in. Anyone else here going?

Looking into a bus ticket from Canada. :D

Hope our great nation is well represented.

The dust has settled on this great event.

flags.jpg

about 40 shooters, mostly Australians but UK, NZ, RSA were represented.

@Ontario Hunter - no Canuks made it this time.

Big thanks to sponsors, including @RIGBY, Leica, Swarovski, Bertram, Hornady, RCBS. Nightforce.

RIgby disp.jpg

^ One of the Limited Edition Rigby Big Games in .450 didn't go home with them - purchased by a very proud new owner, who plans to take it to Africa on one more trip with his 83 year old dad.

Had a ball, with @R eight and @458JCE - not sure if anyone else from AH was there?

^ My effort on the charging danergous game

^ @458JCE and @R eight in action with .416 Rigby Big Games

and cooling down afterwards ;)

DSB SSB.jpg

Lot's of very cool rifles in action, including 6 x Jefferys in .400 Jeffery - I'm not sure what the odds are of getting that many of them together, in action, in the one place again.

I was very fortunate to shot one event with one of them - what an opportunity.

rack.jpg

And this .350 Rigby No. 2

350 double.jpg

buff target.jpg

Last edited:
And the winner was Brisbane’s own Graeme Wright . Author of “Shooting the British Double Rifle “. He’s a bloody good shot with all rifle types and pretty handy with a shotgun too .

GW shot really well - of course. One of the event winners joked in his speach, that it was an honour to beat Graeme ;-).

We had John, an 80 somehting year old, place in a number of events - great to see - what a legend.

GW shot really well - of course. One of the event winners joked in his speach, that it was an honour to beat Graeme ;-).

We had John, an 80 somehting year old, place in a number of events - great to see - what a legend.
Mark - I would have loved to come up and participate but I had to go to Mauritius and sit on a beach for 2 weeks . I am certain there would have been some astonishingly wonderful rifles on display and some great shooting . Cheers Peter

Sorry I couldn't make it. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Did you hit the charging buff every shot? At what distance did the charge start? I presume the contest was judged by number of hits on bull and where? Quite the contraption. Is it self propelled?

Maybe next year.

Great stuff glad all went according to plan and you guys had a fabulous shoot where is the next one being held?

Sure would be great if it was RSA again.
We had our won BASA "Outshoot" this past weekend went to Limpopo camped and had our own big bore shoot in the bush.
Lovely time small bunch of keen and same interest person we were 21 competitors in total.

@PCC600 - We missed you there Peter - I hope you coped OK with the Mauritius beach sitting :ROFLMAO:

Will have to get you down to the National Big Gane Rifle Match - 05 Oct 24 in Vic.

https://www.ssaa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/BGRC-Nationals-2024-Flyer-20-May-2024.pdf

Some of the banter was on par with the astonishingly wonderful rifles and great shooting :ROFLMAO:

@Uncharted_NT - sounds like you were there?
Thanks Mark - sorry I missed Darwin but Mauritius is a good second prize . And thoroughly enjoying the local Rum at A$10 per bottle . Cheers Peter

Attachments

• IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3848.jpeg
    IMG_3848.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 1

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusannaLki

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]