In memoriam - Professional Hunter Greg Michelson killed by Buffalo

Don’t take it personally, just quoting the quote.

I wasn't taking it personally. Just thought I needed to better define the intent.

IIRC it was about a year or so ago. An OP or threads leading away from an OP on this forum that implied outfitters and PHs were getting rich off selling hunts they provided. This prompted at least one forum sponsor outfitter to post a rebuttal response and a sample of their operational cost and net earnings.

Prayers and condolences to his family.

This is one if the reasons to join DSC and support their Frontline Foundation (as well as others).

The Frontline was created to help support PHs and anti-poaching team members that have been injured or killed. A good cause, for sure.

RIP Greg.

Greg Michelson of GM Safaris of Zambia and before that Zimbabwe. An excellent and well known professional hunter, someone I respected very much was killed by a wounded Buffalo in the Luangwa Valley today.

I copied this from a Facebook group. Sad news indeed.
Very sorry RIP until Valhalla

I read about this a few days ago on IG. Horrible. I still have emails I exchanged with Greg. I hoped to hunt with him someday. A chance now lost. He was one of the good ones. RIP Sir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouAlbers8

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

Ryanelson wrote on Flipper Dude's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa
Ryanelson wrote on Sturgeondrjb's profile.
I wanted to know if you minded answering a dew questions on 45-70 in africa