In memoriam - Prayer request for Chuck Hawks

375 Ruger Fan

Gold supporter
AH ambassador
Joined
Jun 14, 2015
Messages
9,254
Reaction score
26,644
Location
Shreveport, Louisiana
Media
281
Articles
5
Hunting reports
Africa
10
USA/Canada
12
Australia/NZ
1
Member of
NRA, DSC
Hunted
Nam, Zam, Zim,RSA (Eastern Cape & NW), Canada, NZ, Alaska, TX, LA, MO, OH, MT, ID, WA, WY
I do not personally know Chuck Hawks, but like many on this site I have read and thoroughly enjoyed his website (https://chuckhawks.com/) for years. I usually log onto it once a week and there is usually a couple new articles. During the past couple of months, there hasn't been anything new posted to the site and it got me to wondering if something was wrong with my computer, the ChuckHawks website/server or Chuck himself. A few days ago, I sent an email to the tech support person at ChuckHawks.com and I got a prompt reply. After receiving permission to disclosed this information, I'd like to share with the AH community and make a prayer request. Chuck is battling cancer and currently undergoing chemo treatment. Please add Chuck to your prayer list, thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.40.24 AM.png
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.40.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.40.13 AM.png
    823.6 KB · Views: 278
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.40.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 8.40.14 AM.png
    675 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:
Consider it done. Like many, I too have often referred to his works for info on guns and ammo.
 
Prayers sent, I enjoy him also. Thanks for letting us know Dave.
 
I completely understand what he’s going thru. My well wishes and thoughts to him and his family.
 
Best wishes for him.
 
How old is he now? Like you I have read off his site quite a bit .
 
Sorry to hear that.
 
Will certainly lift him up in prayer. Thank you for sharing.
 
Thank you for sharing this info.
 
I used to read many of the archives of his site when I was first learning about RSMs and other big bore rifles.
 
Prayers!
 
Will keep him in our thoughts. At my age it seems I have lost many family, friends, acquaintances, writers I have truly enjoyed, and on, and on. Mr Hawks articles always seemed up front and honest in his opinions and knowledge.

Wishing him the best of luck with this awful disease!
 
Prayers sent.

I bet I've referenced the recoil table on his website at least a dozen times this year alone..

I've always enjoyed his equipment reviews as well.. and have gotten the impression he is giving you his honest and sincere opinion on things rather than just spouting what a manufacturer would want him to say like some other reviewers are pretty well known for..
 
best wishes , he is normally one of my reference points for research .
 
Never met the man but enjoy his articles
Prayers sent
 
I always enjoy his articles. Prayers
 
Prayers for Chuck.
 
I have been there myself. I had 5 surgeries and 4 strong chemotherapy sessions in a 13 month period in 2016 - 2017. I just made the 3 year mark since diagnosis on Sep. 2, and at this time, no signs of recurrance.

My wife marked 11 years since her diagnosis this summer, also with no signs of recurrance.

Best wishes for Chuck Hawks and hopes for physical and mental strength for him in such a point in his life.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,271
Messages
1,571,239
Members
169,289
Latest member
ShoshanaR4
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt Meister
480-410-1594
azklmsr462@gmail.com

have a great evening
autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
 
Top