In memoriam - Loss Of A Fellow Forum Member SAFARIKIDD

OMGosh so sad!

Years ago, Tom killed a big brown bear in the area where I guide. I didn’t guide him then but he asked me about guiding him in the next couple years because he wanted to shoot another brown bear but this time with his .600 overkill. He also invited me to Louisiana for a visit. Such a nice guy! RIP Tom!

Very Sad. Condolences to his family. Does anyone know what happened?
Yes I would like to know also. I know he was proud of his fast cars, bikes and boats. I don't think he was out of the country hunting, he has posted many items for sale recently. I have lost more than my share of acquaintances from this forum in the past 2 years. Tom is apparently just the latest casualty.

My sympathy to his brother and wife.
Tom was obviously well respected and judging from his picture below, he had a good sense of humour.
RIP.
Screenshot_20210820-175133_Gallery.jpg

I'm shocked and this is so sad to hear, he will be missed on AH. My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones. RIP @SAFARIKIDD.

Tom's About page on AH
safarikidd.jpg

Our condolences also...

This is very sad news, my condolences to his family and close ones. I only knew him from his fascination for very big bore rifles and big knives. He will be sadly missed.

Farewell to the eternal hunting grounds. May your life serve as an inspiration to your family and friends. You remain in all our memories.

It is with great regret that I must inform all of our fellow forum members about the unfortunate death of @SAFARIKIDD . He was a true sportsman and hunter to boot. A big bore enthusiast and a good man of solid character. He greatly assisted a mutual friend of ours in a time of need with unconditional generosity. And he will be missed greatly.

Prayers for the dearly departed gentleman. May he eternally hunt in the untamed wilds of Africa with his beloved 4 gauge Ken Owens sidelock ejector and .600 Overkill CZ-550 custom piece. May God/Allah grant him Heaven/Jannat.

I'm sure him and Cal Pappis are discussing 4 bore's and 600s right now! RIP Safari Kidd!

Raising a glass in celebration of his life. A true big bore enthusiast with a zest for recoil! May you continue to hunt in the eternal fields of heaven. Rest in Peace.

HH

I'm absolutely stunned to hear this news. Tom and I had talked via PM on several occasions and once or twice over the phone. He was always a kind and generous man. Not only with material things, but sharing his knowledge and experiences with such enthusiasm and joy...he was a great man.

You will be truly missed @SAFARIKIDD, may you rest in peace. My heart goes out to his family and all that were close to him.

Sorry to hear this. I did not know him but knew he was active member I remember reading something about his other interests being cars and Harley's I thought.
Condolences to his family and friends.
Barely older than me so yes much to young but sounds like he had a life well lived.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheriS2834

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]