In memoriam - Loss Of A Fellow Forum Member SAFARIKIDD

I have done a couple swaps and deals with Tom and always a gentleman. I had a scope for sale and he sent me a text that he wanted to buy it. This was around 9:00am Saturday morning. He said he was going to the Post Office to send me the check. Needless to say if I receive it it will be voided. He was a class guy and will be missed.

It is with great regret that I must inform all of our fellow forum members about the unfortunate death of @SAFARIKIDD . He was a true sportsman and hunter to boot. A big bore enthusiast and a good man of solid character. He greatly assisted a mutual friend of ours in a time of need with unconditional generosity. And he will be missed greatly.

Prayers for the dearly departed gentleman. May he eternally hunt in the untamed wilds of Africa with his beloved 4 gauge Ken Owens sidelock ejector and .600 Overkill CZ-550 custom piece. May God/Allah grant him Heaven/Jannat.
@Hunter Habib
I didn't know whether to put a love or sad emoji on your post.
A love one because you so well summed up a great person in @SAFARIKIDD.
He was a person of great knowledge and passion for his hunting. He also passed on a lot of excellent gear on the classifed section that a person would have been proud to have.
Your words expressed who he was.

The sad emoji is at the news of the passing af SAFARIKID. He was such a nice person that I had a lot of time and respect for. He taken at far to an early age and will be sorely missed by the AH community.

My prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends at this time.
Bob

Posted on Tom's FB Account by Stephanie.

"Hey everyone, this is Tommy's wife Stephanie...
First of all, I want to thank every single one of you for the outpouring of the most inspiring and incredible words you have written about him
♥️
This whole experience has been an overwhelming, sickening and horrific shock for everyone. The only peace comes from the fact that he was a Christian and he was Saved. 4 years together and 1 year married is a tragedy, but I trust God through all of this and know that I will see him again
1f64f_1f3fb.png

Second, his "Celebration of Life" will be held this Thursday the 17th at the same place we had our wedding reception, Mr. Ed's "The Pearl Room" at 6:30 PM (2310 Hickory Ave., in Harahan).
Please share this to your own Facebook page and please tell anyone not on Facebook, who would like to be there.
Together, we will celebrate the one-of-a-kind LEGEND that was Tommy Ordes. Y'all are the most amazing group friends that a person could ever have
1f64f_1f3fb.png
♥️

Love,

Stephanie"

It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived. -- George Patton.

I know he was talking about the troops under his command, but I think it fitting for somebody like @SAFARIKIDD as well. By all accounts, he lived life large. We should all be so lucky.

+1 Sgt Zim. You are on point, celebrate the time we can share with each other as time moves to fast. I always enjoyed reading the posts @SAFARIKIDD and seeing all the incredible gear he shared with the forum.

I am finally glad the wife Stephanie wrote her post. If I were not so far away I would attend the celebration of life. I would still like to know his cause of death. Tom always came across to me as being a very robust guy!!!!! This whole event has lasted about 30 hours for me and has just worn me out. RIP buddy.

Sad news but I have this picture in my mind of Tom on his bike with the .600 overkill slung over his shoulder cruising on his bike with a dust trail on the way to his eternal safari chasing buff and meeting up with Cal for a cold one to wash off the dust in his throat and telling each other of their hunts.

So not born in 1970, but 1955.

Not everyone put their actual birthday in the fields, it is another safeguard against ID theft. In this day in age you can't be to careful.

I don't have Facebook and when I read about Tom I mention it to my wife. She looked him up and read a post about someone knowing him for 60 years. If you look at some of the early pictures he has post that makes sense.

Unfortunately it is another slap in the face, reality is none of us are going to escape death. It is what we do in-between the two dates on our headstone that matters. Most of us here can appreciate that @SAFARIKIDD did a pretty damn good job of filling in that dash.

Condolences to his family and friends, they are the lucky ones for knowing him like they did.

Saddened by this news. Appreciated his contributions here.

Condolences and love to Stephanie and all his loved ones.

Happy Hunting Tom

Very sorry to hear this.........Rest in Peace good man........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rosie254013

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Longfeather1 wrote on Cmwkwarrwn's profile.
Hello Clark
Thanks for the interest in my rifle. If you want to discuss it further you can email me direct at [redacted] or call my cell number [redacted].
Look forward to talking with you.
Regards,
Jack Kramer
quacker attacker wrote on JMV375's profile.
Hello, My wife and I hunted with Marius 2 years ago. He fit us into his schedule after a different outfitter "bailed" on us. He was always very good with communications and although we didn't end up meeting him personally, he called us multiple times during our hunt to make sure things were going well. We were very happy with him.
TERMINATOR wrote on Cuthberto's profile.
Reach out to the guys at Epic Outdoors.

They will steer you right for landowner tags and outfitters that have them.

I have held a membership with them for years and they are an invaluable resource.

Way better that asking random people on the internet...WAY better

Raskolnikov743 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
Skydiver386,

Did you ever find your 30-06 CZ550? I own a fairly solid conditioned one, if you wanted to talk.

[redacted]