Importing handloaded ammunition

It was the SA check in people at the Counter,,they saw the rifle case and asked were the Ammo boxes were ,I told them "In my Luggage just as they were when I came to SA" They informed me my Ammo case had to be checked thru seperately,As for the the 338-06 I use Savage actions for my Builds and there is no Caliber markings on the reciever just the serial Number. the only thing to do would be to stamp the caliber on the Barrel

Its not US policy to use factory anything. The airlines have different rules for whats acceptable but none strictly adhere to it I suspect. TSA certainly doesn't care what we take or how we pack it. Rules usually state either factory containers or equivalent, fibre board, plastic or whatever boxes. I did see some guys having to pick up their ammo cases separately coming back from RSA, I just threw mine in my luggage as always. TSA did cut the lock on my ammo box in my outbound luggage for some reason, then zip tied it. Customs Border Patrol actually apologized for that and they didn't even do it. Handloads are not an issue as long as the ammo matches the stamp on the gun. As I have said before, its getting to be such a PITA to take your own guns and ammo, I may just use a loaner gun next time. Life would be so much easier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MathiasBow

Latest profile posts

TAG SAFARI wrote on mvalden's profile.
Wishing you a Happy Birthday!
TAG SAFARI wrote on K31's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on davidg8480's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on Daven22s's profile.
TAG SAFARI wrote on bobdahunter84's profile.