Importation or Transiting Procedures Through Countries with Weapons & Ammunition

Frankfurt airport has luggage services right at the airport, I would email them at gpa@frasec.de to make sure that they will store your specific firearms. See the following link and scroll down to Baggage storage:

View attachment 585831View attachment 585832

It's been a couple months of fruitless effort.
I've emailed and spoken to Frankfurt airport services and Lufthansa freight in Germany.
Frankfurt airport says they cannot store firearms and have no recommendations for local services that do.

Lufthansa says they cannot ship my rifle to JoBerg if I'm not on the flight but i can use a freight forwarding service to do so. Then, they recommended 2 of them in Frankfurt.
However, both of them told me they cannot help due to "company policy."

My intent is to fly into Frankfurt with the rifle and proceed with 1 of 2 options:
1 - Store it for up to 2 weeks while on other business in the region and then take it with me on a flight to Johannesburg.
2 - Ship it ahead of me to the PH's rifle importer service to hold for me until I arrive in Johannesburg.

I'm hitting a lot of walls here. Anyone have any suggestions?
This is starting to feel like I'm chasing a unicorn and need to re-think my plans.
Thanks much.

I have not had any luck with weapons storage in/ near Frankfurt either, and have chased down many leads.

My understanding is bags cannot fly as checked luggage without the passengers, for international flights. That's due to positive passenger-bag matching (PPBM) which is a security procedure that matches passengers with their checked baggage before an international flight departs. So you cannot take it part way then have it checked on past wherever you are.

Shipping weapons in any traditional way is *probably* not impossible... but guaranteed to be extremely difficult and expensive. Perhaps your local FFL would know more/ be able work with your PH's importer.

Thank you for that.
I have not had any luck with weapons storage in/ near Frankfurt either, and have chased down many leads.

My understanding is bags cannot fly as checked luggage without the passengers, for international flights. That's due to positive passenger-bag matching (PPBM) which is a security procedure that matches passengers with their checked baggage before an international flight departs. So you cannot take it part way then have it checked on past wherever you are.

Shipping weapons in any traditional way is *probably* not impossible... but guaranteed to be extremely difficult and expensive. Perhaps your local FFL would know more/ be able work with your PH's importer.
Thanks for that.
It seems it's easier to ship a corpse and "human remains" in the airlines than a rifle. Go figure.
I'll reach out to my PH's importer and local FFL's as suggested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BusterKrus