Im in Tyler TX

professor

Bronze supporter
AH senior member
Reaction score
Hello. Ive been on the forum for a few months. I live in Tyler, TX and am an Art Professor at Tyler Junior College. I do my shooting at East Texas Rifle and Pistol Club in Longview TX. Ive been into custom Ruger single action revolvers for years. This past Feb I bought a NOS Ruger No1 450/400 NE 3" and really like it. I stumbled into a lot of brass and Woodleigh bullets for it just after I bought the rifle.
Since then, I've bought the Ruger m77 hawkeye African 35 Whelen and NOS Ruger African 223 Rem. I am glad to be on this forum. A great amount of info is readily available. I have a set of African Sporting Creations shooting sticks in route. Through this forum Ive also found links to AlaskaArms qd mounts, NECG sights and canvas sling. I bought the Leupold vxR 2-7 scope on my 35 Whelen here on the classifieds. I keep looking at Murray Custom Leather website because of this forum.
I would love to go to Africa someday, but Im happy dreaming of it for now.

Quit dreaming and get moving. I’m from Palestine Tx. Close to you. East Texas rules!

Welcome to AH, you have chosen some great guns!

Welcome to AH. Just go! Seriously Africa is one place that can exceed your dreams. Also it’s cheaper than what I see a lot of deer leases or guided whitetail hunts going for in Texas these days.

Stick around and we will get your first Africa trip booked! If you do any kind of hunting lease or guided hunts, it's well within your reach. I've seen people from every economic strata go to Africa if they "make a plan". That's a popular African phrase that translates well to anyone...even in Tyler, TX. :)

Welcome Professor. You need to start collecting Ruger RSM's and Express rifles next;) Well, in addition to going to Africa:)

Welcome!

Stop dreaming and book a trip during one of your breaks or summer session. Plenty of art to view while in Africa including taxidermy

:S Welcome:
Thank you for introducing yourself

Welcome! Certainly glad to have you here with us!

Good day! Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH professor!

And I'm also nearby. There is a Dallas Safari Club chapter in Nacogdoches if you're interested in attending.

Welcome sir! Enjoyed your introduction, lots of similar minded people on this site!

Welcome from the gulf coast area, I have family in Tyler also. Stop dreaming and start planning it is more affordable than you think.

Welcome aboard!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilburn319

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available