I want a new rifle but I don’t know what to get

Winchester M70 375H&H 300 grain Barnes TSX and call it a day. Cant get anything better. It is the classic combination.
Got a pre64 M70. Just ordered 200 Barnes 300g tsx. I prefer to roll my own.

0E7A7F58-722D-40AF-B439-C7F83D92B546.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go on Gun Broker, jump to page 20 and start looking for a Win 70 in 375. I did, and I found a 1975 Win 70 in as near perfect condition as you can find. I ended up being the only bidder due to the death the rifle was in at GB, won it for $895. In September this year.

IMG_0130.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
@Safari Dave the xbolt stalker comes with open sights and pre drilled for scope mounting.

I have looked everywhere for one with open sights and can not find one.

Can you attach a link (probably not), our just cryptically tell me where to look?

Go on Gun Broker, jump to page 20 and start looking for a Win 70 in 375. I did, and I found a 1975 Win 70 in as near perfect condition as you can find. I ended up being the only bidder due to the death the rifle was in at GB, won it for $895. In September this year.

View attachment 581400

I won't part with mine for $895, but for $1,200 I'll send you it's sister to your local gun shop!

It's made one shot kills on Kudo and Gemsbok!

Ok. Grab the pop corn.
I want a Africa cape buffalo rifle. I am pretty sure I want a M70 in 375hh.
But dang the rugers are a deal.
The rifle may end up in a boat in alaska or in a scabbard on a horse at some point.
So should I get stainless and synthetic stock?
I don’t know which way to go. Went to a gun show today hoping to put my hands on both.
Nothing there. No winchesters or rugers.
Gimme some ideas
I fall into the classic old school train of thought. African rifles need to be wood stock and blued. As for Alaska, I see the benefit of stainless with synthetic stock.

I won't part with mine for $895, but for $1,200 I'll send you it's sister to your local gun shop!

It's made one shot kills on Kudo and Gemsbok!
@Safari Dave
You trollop I knew you had a price you could be bought at.
Cheapskate. I would hold out for more.
HA HA HA HA HA HA
Bob

Flint can I ask where you got that stock? It's gorgeous but don't look like a 'stock' stock.
It’s been customized. The engraving , bear inlay on the floor plate and the stock.
The trigger has obviously been worked on.
I found it in a pawn / gun shop. They had 5 other pre64 there also. Some had been worked on including a 458lott.
If only I had the money.
Any way. I do not know the history but I suspect a fellow that liked fine rifles passed and a family member liquidated his collection.

It’s been customized. The engraving , bear inlay on the floor plate and the stock.
The trigger has obviously been worked on.
I found it in a pawn / gun shop. They had 5 other pre64 there also. Some had been worked on including a 458lott.
If only I had the money.
Any way. I do not know the history but I suspect a fellow that liked fine rifles passed and a family member liquidated his collection.
Well brother you got one beautiful rifle out of it, congrats on the acquisition.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KatiaOKeef

Latest profile posts

T/C wrote on Dewald's profile.
Hi Dewald,
I am looking for a copy of Wright's "Shooting the British Double Rifle" (3E).
Please PM me (T/C) if you still have one.
Thank you very much in advance!!!
I am game for a meat and eat. My attempt at humor.
rigby 416 wrote on rifletuner's profile.
Come from cz like that.
John A Flaws wrote on Horbs's profile.
500 schuler magazine.jpg
500 schuler bore.jpg
500 and 425 rifles.jpg
500 and 425 magaizne.jpg