I may have created a monster

Congratulation on getting your wife to hunt with you. I enjoy every hunt my wife and I go on. Will have to have your wife talk to mine about her journey from a impala to cape buffalo. and 7x57 to 375 progression. Will warn you that your taxidermy bill will be more than the rifle upgrades.

Now she's also decided nyala and kudu. This just keeps getting better and better, LOL.

If I said those terrible words, "can't have" to my wife, @Just Gina , she would start crying and say "I can't believe you would say such a thing to me!"

That's how "her" Rigby HS in 9.3x62 got cut down to fit her;) And it is very cool how deadly she is with it even shooting it off hand sometimes. Nothing like a gun that fits to build confidence shooting!

I've told the story on here before of her 404 Jeffrey. I had sold that rifle to her back in a previous life and she was struggling to shoot it. After we got together, we had it cut to fit her, mercury recoil tube installed in the stock, new soft pad, mounted a 1-6 30mm scope, and a Murray Leather ammo holder on the stock. The rifle is heavy when loaded with 5 rounds down and 6 on the stock. But she is not shy about having me or the PH or a Tracker carry it but happily carries it herself during a final stalk. She needs it on sticks or on a shoulder but claims she feels zero recoil when shooting it now. And she shoots it extremely well. She recently shot a giraffe through heavy brush. Made a great double lung shot plus a follow up. She shot a Tsessebe that dropped in its tracks and she asked if she missed because it just disappeared at the shot. I had to laugh and told her it was hit by the Hammer of Thor and was laying right there. Perfect quartering too shot on the point of the shoulder.

Get your wife a 375 H&H. Stay away from hot loaded ammo... Make it fit, install a mercury tube (easily pulled if not needed but really nice for practice) and watch her excell :)
Great post Bob! I would say to the OP…great job getting your wife so involved as your hunting partner and having her want her own rifles tailored to her!!! You sir have my respect!!!

If I said those terrible words, "can't have" to my wife, @Just Gina , she would start crying and say "I can't believe you would say such a thing to me!"

That's how "her" Rigby HS in 9.3x62 got cut down to fit her;) And it is very cool how deadly she is with it even shooting it off hand sometimes. Nothing like a gun that fits to build confidence shooting!

I've told the story on here before of her 404 Jeffrey. I had sold that rifle to her back in a previous life and she was struggling to shoot it. After we got together, we had it cut to fit her, mercury recoil tube installed in the stock, new soft pad, mounted a 1-6 30mm scope, and a Murray Leather ammo holder on the stock. The rifle is heavy when loaded with 5 rounds down and 6 on the stock. But she is not shy about having me or the PH or a Tracker carry it but happily carries it herself during a final stalk. She needs it on sticks or on a shoulder but claims she feels zero recoil when shooting it now. And she shoots it extremely well. She recently shot a giraffe through heavy brush. Made a great double lung shot plus a follow up. She shot a Tsessebe that dropped in its tracks and she asked if she missed because it just disappeared at the shot. I had to laugh and told her it was hit by the Hammer of Thor and was laying right there. Perfect quartering too shot on the point of the shoulder.

Get your wife a 375 H&H. Stay away from hot loaded ammo... Make it fit, install a mercury tube (easily pulled if not needed but really nice for practice) and watch her excell :)
Didn't say she couldn't have one, just not *mine.* She's already getting my 280AI.

Didn't say she couldn't have one, just not *mine.* She's already getting my 280AI.
Yea that's a fantasy World, referring to something as *mine* works for the wife, not the husband;)

Sounds to me like you are going to end up with a *hers* and an *ours*.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen can explain it. I just live it;)

Yea that's a fantasy World, referring to something as *mine* works for the wife, not the husband;)

@ActionBob
Sounds like you have finally learnt my son.
There's still one question that you can never answer safely
No = a slapping for lying.
Yes= a slapping for the truth
No answer= a slapping for not answering.
That question is does my bum look big in this.
No safe answer
That one I turn politician.
I can neither confirm or deny that darling.
Bob

Well, she is very likely to get a 375 H&H out of the deal, I will probably end up paying at least as much for that as I paid for my 404J, which is about 50% more than I've got in my 9.3, so there's that. ;)

Lucky you "sarge," now it is time to "bite the bullet" and get the Lady a rifle of her own!! The time to start looking was YESTERDAY.

Exactly! How about a highland stalker in 9.3x62???

Exactly! How about a highland stalker in 9.3x62???
Definitely on the table if I win the Powerball tomorrow night. ;)

@ActionBob
Just reread your post
You still have much to learn
There no such thing as hers and ours. It hers and only hers. She may let you use it sometimes but it's still HERS.
Bob

Yes, We few who's Wives hunt and fish with us are truly blessed. My wife has hunted bear, elk and moose besides birds...refuses to do dangerous game.

Yes, We few who's Wives hunt and fish with us are truly blessed. My wife has hunted bear, elk and moose besides birds...refuses to do dangerous game.
I think my missus is more receptive to dangerous game if we are also able to retire to a proper dinner and bed every night. 10 days in the cold, wet Alaskan bush would be a bridge too far, I think.

10 days in the cold, wet Alaskan bush would be a bridge too far, I think.

No need for your better half to be cold and wet in the bush… she can stay here while you hunt… they have a wonderful fireplace, cozy rooms, and the meals are excellent…

Just being Mr. Helper Outer Guy…

:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilheminaN

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?