I guess I am ready for practice...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I was going my inventory of bullets today prior to placing an order with Cutting Edge Bullets for some .416 and .510 bullets.

One of the rifles I am taking to Africa this August (assuming it happens) is .458 caliber so wanted to make sure I had enough bullets to make rounds for practice.

It seems I do.

hFAWAJkl.jpg

Attachments

• hFAWAJkl.jpg
    hFAWAJkl.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 69
Beautiful. You are ready for the horde of zombie Buff’s, young and old!

The 258 grain is pretty light. What cartridge are you loading those in? I imagine it would be screaming out of a Lott. The Raptors are expanding monometal correct?

The 258 grain is pretty light. What cartridge are you loading those in? I imagine it would be screaming out of a Lott. The Raptors are expanding monometal correct?

The 258 grain tipped raptor works great on PG at 2,850 fps. I am shooting them out of an 18" barrel .458 B&M wildcat. The 420 & 450 are for DG at 2,280 & 2,210 fps respectively.

The 258 grain tipped raptor works great on PG at 2,850 fps. I am shooting them out of an 18" barrel .458 B&M wildcat. The 420 & 450 are for DG at 2,280 & 2,210 fps respectively.

The 258gr is just devastating on PG out of the B&M. I personally would limit myself to 250 yards or closer with it. Bullet drop gets serious at that distance.

The 258gr is just devastating on PG out of the B&M. I personally would limit myself to 250 yards or closer with it.

I don't see anything I would shoot past 250 yards especially in Zimbabwe. Now, Tanzania is a different story, but I am building a .300 RUM for reaching out there for PG.

Nice little stash of CEB's there Tanks.

Got my own little "stockpile" of .50's here that should last me if a live to be 350 y.o :A Clapping:

Nice little stash of CEB's there Tanks.

Got my own little "stockpile" of .50's here that should last me if a live to be 350 y.o :A Clapping:

Yeah, I have a stash of .500s as well for the 500 MDM. I'll have to come on down there one of these days to use them on water buffalo. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hjwdwhfghdfs

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?