Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
United States
So I have been looking for the very rare Winchester M-70 Super Grade, that was only made one year in 1999, in 7mm STW…
I have looked for this rifle ever since it came out! I have only seen one in the wild for sale since 99 about half dozen years ago but I didn’t have the money for it sadly.
Well this morning I stumbled on one and bought it on the spot!!! It’s NOS in the box with all paperwork and hanging tags! Very excited and I have big plans for it lol
The STW is being sent directly to LeRoy Berry at Canyon Creek Custom Stocks. It will have the blank that I also got today built for it using all the original Winchester metal and saving the original stock along with the all the original paperwork and box for collectors/value/history sake!

Canyon Creek Gun Stock.jpeg

Attachments

Sounds like you too have found your Holy Grail!! I finally found a Ruger No1 in 300H&H late 2023, suddenly it is my go-to hunting rifle. Well done sir!!
Yes Sir! I have a nice collection of Super Grades but this is the one I have wanted for almost half my life!!!

So I have been looking for the very rare Winchester M-70 Super Grade, that was only made one year in 1999, in 7mm STW…
I have looked for this rifle ever since it came out! I have only seen one in the wild for sale since 99 about half dozen years ago but I didn’t have the money for it sadly.
Well this morning I stumbled on one and bought it on the spot!!! It’s NOS in the box with all paperwork and hanging tags! Very excited and I have big plans for it lol
The STW is being sent directly to LeRoy Berry at Canyon Creek Custom Stocks. It will have the blank that I also got today built for it using all the original Winchester metal and saving the original stock along with the all the original paperwork and box for collectors/value/history sake!

View attachment 593092
Just remember that ... the 7mmSTW is rather noisy. I remember being 30 odd metres away from the mound when someone was firing his brand new toy. It was like being next to an old acquaintance when he was firing his .264 Win Mag with muzzle brake.

Just remember that ... the 7mmSTW is rather noisy. I remember being 30 odd metres away from the mound when someone was firing his brand new toy. It was like being next to an old acquaintance when he was firing his .264 Win Mag with muzzle brake.
Very true! As I own both a 264 Win Mag and a STW I will say that a lot of slow burning powder out of a small hole makes an impression on the backend!
Never the less growing up in Souther Arizona where the desert is vast and the Cous Deer are very small you grow up with a 264 in your hand

Good cartridge, the .264 Win Mag. Like any chambering, you rarely need to use the heaviest charge of the slowest possible propellant in order to develop a useful hunting load. I know another guy here in NZ who has been using his Model 70 for decades. He just loves it.

Well done! I have 3 of LeRoy’s custom stocks in my safe. His work is outstanding!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanpan

Latest profile posts

John Kirk wrote on Macduff's profile.
Great transaction on some 375 HH ammo super fast shipping great communication
akriet wrote on Tom Leoni's profile.
Hello Tom: I saw your post about having 11 Iphisi's for sale. I have been thinking about one. I am also located in Virginia. Do you have photos of the availables to share? My email is [redacted]

Thanks and regards,

Andy
Natural Bridge, Virginia