I Finally did it

Update:
Opportunity came quickly in the month of November. Decided to try my chances at an end of season special with Ndumo safaris for cape buffalo in the caprivi strip. Area hunted was Sobbe conservancy and I have to admit it was a truly wild place. There was a lot of game in the area for late November which was exciting. We saw elephant, buffalo, sable, roan, kudu, warthog, and the little deer. Have to admit, for my first safari I was blown away. Looking for my next trip as I speak….. hoping for more buffalo, hippo, croc, and sable.

here some pics
1E157C20-B6C3-41ED-A539-1AB508602807.jpeg
23317001-7BBF-4AF3-86A6-5889C4C41E90.jpeg
6EE91BD2-E92F-4021-B950-3AB16E5AFBF6.jpeg
5F0F734D-C741-470D-A75E-63DF0C822C6D.jpeg
420BBD46-9CE2-4933-9DB7-70CEDAF9631E.jpeg
9FBF66A3-2B0E-410A-933D-336BC58301BB.jpeg
CDCAAF58-2BB9-41DB-888B-E005BD33C4A4.jpeg
85352E43-7E33-4B08-9B11-D1678A0E1C83.jpeg
5E97A435-3262-4717-BABF-3CE3515F1108.jpeg
00B1DA06-F140-4E99-ABF1-BA2CA53BB71C.jpeg
1C47A62E-190B-4949-98F2-E4AE3618B6C4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:
Opportunity came quickly in the month of November. Decided to try my chances at an end of season special with Ndumo safaris for cape buffalo in the caprivi strip. Area hunted was Sobbe conservancy and I have to admit it was a truly wild place. There was a lot of game in the area for late November which was exciting. We saw elephant, buffalo, sable, roan, kudu, warthog, and the little deer. Have to admit, for my first safari I was blown away. Looking for my next trip as I speak….. hoping for more buffalo, hippo, croc, and sable.

here some pics
Wow, what a first safari! Huge congratulations!

Great first safari, congratulations.

Welcome to AH! Quite a fantastic Safari you had. Congrats!

Well done SGW!

It was good meeting you in camp and glad you had such a great first African safari.

I’m still in awe about your fantastic kudu
58,5 Inches doesn’t come by every day…… I’ve hunted Africa for close to 30 years now…… lots of buff, 10 elephant, many otherdangerous animals and a great lot of plains game…… but I’ve never been able to get a kudu over 56 inches….. you’ve most definitely been blessed. Congratulations

Welcome from Australia, and congratulations on the safari.

In the next year or so I plan to hunt Cape Buffalo somewhere.
Welcome to the forum!

I have an anecdote on buffalo as first animal.
A brand new german safari hunter shows up in hunting camp. His first hunting trip to African continent.
He says, I am hunting buffalo!

My outfitter tells him, you must have been reading hunting manual from backwards!
Why not starting with plains game?! You know, beginners package... kudu, oryx, impala, warthog, springbok, etc...

Anyway.
Great you joined the forum!(y)
Make a good plan, and go for it!

Wish you success!

Send some pics of your 375, without scope, and later with scope... and target prints!

I finally joined Africa Hunting. I will be honest, I’m not a social media guy (kudu of the web). I’ve been reading forums on this website for years. I’ve been to many countries in Africa but only for work. I’ve always wanted to hunt Africa after reading Hemingway as a kid. In the next year or so I plan to hunt Cape Buffalo somewhere. I will attend the DSC convention Jan 2023. I recently purchased a NIB Model 70 375 h&h (Portugal) and 60 rounds of Federal 300 TBBC to begin practice. I have yet to buy a scope but with all the info in the forum I’m sure blessed with plenty of knowledge from the Africa Hunting community. Would like to thank everyone on this website that has contributed to the forums and shared the knowledge.
Welcome to AH sure you will enjoy it here! Feel free to come by for a visit.
Myself, Lindie, AJ and Johan will be there, will be awesome to meet and visit with you.
My very best always!

Dammit Tex. Jumped right in with both feet! Good job

Well done SGW!

It was good meeting you in camp and glad you had such a great first African safari.

I’m still in awe about your fantastic kudu
58,5 Inches doesn’t come by every day…… I’ve hunted Africa for close to 30 years now…… lots of buff, 10 elephant, many otherdangerous animals and a great lot of plains game…… but I’ve never been able to get a kudu over 56 inches….. you’ve most definitely been blessed. Congratulations
Thank you for the kind comments and it was a true pleasure to meet you in camp. I hope in the future I run into you again, I'm sure you have many fascinating stories. BTW, seeing Karl and you drive up in the land cruiser after elephant hunting will forever be edged in my mind. A guy from Texas does not get to meet elephant hunters everyday and hear there stories. God speed!

"A guy from Texas does not get to meet elephant hunters everyday and hear there stories. God speed!"

Well, I reckon you can include yourself in that lot now.

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magnum308

Latest profile posts

NYAMAZANA SAFARIS wrote on majorsafari's profile.
Trail cam image is of a cat we never took .. it’s not a great image but I can assure you it’s a very big cat . Other photo is of my client with his cat this year .

IMG_3426.jpeg
IMG_2910.jpeg
thokau wrote on Just a dude in BC's profile.
Hallo, ein Freund von mir lebt auf einer Farm in den Rocky Mountains.
Leider kam es dort in den letzten Wochen zu Bränden.
Hoffe es geht dir gut!?