I Bought an unknown - I sure hope this is a 404 Jeffery

Hello grandveneur,
Thanks for the reply.

I posted this a while back about reloading 11.2x72 Schuler cartridge.

Contacts from Woodleigh have told me that they will NOT be making bullets in 11.2 caliber in the future because there is too little demand for .440 caliber to justify the expense of re-tooling when the Factory gets back into production.

Fortunately for me, I have been swaging my own bullets in .440 diameter because I own and shoot several Werndl rifles that use this diameter bullet. By using my swage dies I'm able to re-form the 400g 11.2 Woodleigh bullet with less taper so there is good neck tension even when the bullet is seated very deep into the case. The resulting re-swaged bullets look slightly similar to the Brenneke TUG bullets. In addition, I'm also able to re-swage 404 Jeffery bullets to increase the diameter from .422 diameter up to .440 diameter. Woodleigh indicated that they will be making 404 Jeffery bullets again because this is one of the most popular calibers in use today.

swage440bullets.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Fortunately I have plenty bullets because I was very fortunate to get 600 Woodleigh bullets and 150 Cutting Edge bullets with the 11.2x72 Schuler rifle that I bought a couple years ago. I sold 100 Woodleigh bullets to help a fellow forum member in need that was going to African and wanted to use his 11.2x72 Schuler rifle for Cape Buffalo and other game. I still have 650 bullets left,

11.2x72-bullets-sm.jpg

Hello All,

I got the rifle in hand today. Its an 11.2x72 Schuler caliber. The rifle weighs 9 pounds 15 ounces, with a 15" LOP. Here are the markings I found. I hope to know if this was an Oberndorf commercial action / barrel to start with. Thank goodness the auction house didn't list the stockmaker. I found his marking and I talked to the man that did the complete restoration in December 2005. He is James Tucker, and he is a member of the American Custom Gunmakers Guild. This gun is far more spectacular in hand than any pictures can show. Tucker stocks start at about $5,500 plus the cost of the blank. In this case the blank was over $3,000. Not sure what all the metalwork restoration would cost.

http://www.buckstix.com/buckpics/IMMAN-markings-0.jpg

IMMAN-markings-0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xingyunliu06

Latest profile posts

SRS 2024 wrote on kesha's profile.
Hi there
Please contact us on sharisaf@yahoo.com

We have buffalo available at very good prices.

Kind regards
SRS
SRS 2024 wrote on crossone's profile.
Hi there

Shangani River Safaris can offer you a Buffalo hunt.

Please email us on sharisaf@yahoo.com.
Thank you.
matt2H wrote on matt vejar's profile.
Hey there Matt - i would love to understand some more about your bringing trophies home from South Africa in your checked luggage. My PH is holding onto a bushbuck euro and flatskin for me - and i am due back in South Africa in just over a week. He does have the export permit provided by the taxidermist for me. When you have a moment - could we go through the EDC Form and App? Looking forward to hearing from you.
Smo1127 wrote on duckfish's profile.
Neen doing Zelle or Venmo with other members, let me know if good for you and Ill give you my info. Im semding other orders out tomorrow so if paid today ill ship tomorrow
cwpayton wrote on Trogon's profile.
Hey trogon thanks for the shipping trophys info, so this being my first time shipping ,did you hire a firm here in the states to handle the import or was that an African firm, I would be happy with a cost around 3000+.