I am exploring options for a bongo hunt for spring of 2024. I am open to other ideas as well but am focused on conservation and adventure!

Great looking bear. All the best on bongo and elephant!

Awesome bear, standing bye to read your report. I really like reading and seeing Alaska's monster bear hunts. Even more so now that our Gov caved to the antis and closed ours based on "emotions". I watch all MDMM's videos.

Good luck on your Bongo quest. Another report to look forward to.

MB

Awesome bear, standing bye to read your report. I really like reading and seeing Alaska's monster bear hunts. Even more so now that our Gov caved to the antis and closed ours based on "emotions". I watch all MDMM's videos.

Good luck on your Bongo quest. Another report to look forward to.

MB
Thanks for your well wishes on my bongo hunt! Now I have found out that a forest elephant is available to me on quota; we will see what becomes of that. Bongo, sitatunga, forest buffalo, and forest elephant, are all on quota for me but…. who know what critters I will actually see! The necessary rains for successful tracking of game have been scarce this season and success has been affected on all but the bongo I have heard. You can only take two of the animals I mentioned above on one “big” hunting license. So one would have to buy a second hunting license for another person in your entourage,a second “hunt” form the safari company, and of course the applicable trophy fees for whatever animals you harvested. So shooting a third “big animal” on the “A list of species” would get really expensive”!

Thanks for your well wishes on my bongo hunt! Now I have found out that a forest elephant is available to me on quota; we will see what becomes of that. Bongo, sitatunga, forest buffalo, and forest elephant, are all on quota for me but…. who know what critters I will actually see! The necessary rains for successful tracking of game have been scarce this season and success has been affected on all but the bongo I have heard. You can only take two of the animals I mentioned above on one “big” hunting license. So one would have to buy a second hunting license for another person in your entourage,a second “hunt” form the safari company, and of course the applicable trophy fees for whatever animals you harvested. So shooting a third “big animal” on the “A list of species” would get really expensive”!
Must say the decision to shoot would be difficult. All the choices of species are highest on my "I would love to hunt list". Good luck on your decisions, guess it depends on day of hunt, size of specimen, how many you have been encountering and what I think to be most important shoot when PH says to. I bet some will be an immediate "shoot" if you see. Tuff choices but I do not think any will be wrong. What an experience, journey and life time memory making trip you are about to embark on.

Best of luck and please let us who stay behind immerse in your trip when you return with a hunt report/story.

Waiting patiently.

MB

Must say the decision to shoot would be difficult. All the choices of species are highest on my "I would love to hunt list". Good luck on your decisions, guess it depends on day of hunt, size of specimen, how many you have been encountering and what I think to be most important shoot when PH says to. I bet some will be an immediate "shoot" if you see. Tuff choices but I do not think any will be wrong. What an experience, journey and life time memory making trip you are about to embark on.

Best of luck and please let us who stay behind immerse in your trip when you return with a hunt report/story.

Waiting patiently.

MB
Thanks so much for your well wishes! I hope everything goes well! I’m sure there is adventure to be found on this endeavor for sure!

Best if luck!! Im checking this particular chat constantly. I want to go for bongo and looking into CAR

Best if luck!! Im checking this particular chat constantly. I want to go for bongo and looking into CAR
Thank you for your well wishes! I did not feel comfortable with the security situation in the CAR. Granted I did not do enough research to speak confidently about whether or not it was safe. What I did read and hear from people led me to discount going to the CAR.

My ph on my Tanzania safari in the Rungwa region of the country has become a friend and we talk or WhatsApp every few days. He has a friend hunting in the camaroon forest right now and sent me the attached photo of the tick bites on the hunters leg. I decided to dip my clothes in permethrin. I did this for my elephant hunt in Botswana last April. I have no idea if this is necessary or even if it will be beneficial or not for this forest hunt but what the heck I’m doing it! Crazy thing is here in Kansas I have ticks in me every single day I work outdoors and I take no precautions. I have had ticks on me my whole life it seems and have so far never gotten sick or had any problems. Almost everyone around here in Kansas claims to have had Lyme disease or rocky mountain spotted fever or alpha gal! I don’t know? Thank goodness I have never gotten sick that I know of feom the thousands of ticks I have had embedded in me! I suppose you always worry about something you have no experience with, “Africa forest hunt”, more than what you know well and live with everyday! So I’m dipping my clothes in some of this petroleum based livestock permethrin… I suppose it can’t hurt! I did it last year…
IMG_2031.jpeg
74026896490__E5906230-447F-44FC-8FAD-C2D16A3505E4.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JeannieCol

Latest profile posts

FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well
Looking for brass or reloads for 475noz2 Jefferies ammo. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Charles