I’m starting to be concerned! Should I be?

CZDiesel

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
United States
So I fly out, wheels up July 20th next year for my big Zimbabwe hunt. I am planning on using Qatar Airlines and flying into Doha before heading to Harare…
But now the Middle East is in so much turmoil I starting to be an American in Doha and on a Qatar Airlines plane! It’s well known that a lot of these terrorists hide out in Doha Qatar!
The last thing I need is to be taken hostage either on the way there or back lol

That would suck to the extreme.
On a positive note, I'll be in RSA, Eastern Cape during the same time frame. If the shit hits the fan for you, I can Rambo it up there and create an international incident on your behalf.

Big talk from Randy

You'll never leave the airport in Doha. In and out both ways.

The hardest thing about those flights is the time in the air.

But if you are not flying business get to know your Muslim buddy that is sitting next to you. Qatar is the major airline flying everyone in and out of the middle east so all of their flights are packed.

So I fly out, wheels up July 20th next year for my big Zimbabwe hunt. I am planning on using Qatar Airlines and flying into Doha before heading to Harare…
But now the Middle East is in so much turmoil I starting to be an American in Doha and on a Qatar Airlines plane! It’s well known that a lot of these terrorists hide out in Doha Qatar!
The last thing I need is to be taken hostage either on the way there or back lol
I'm flying through Doha en route to JNB in 11 days.

Yeah, little pucker factor going. My youngest is a navy pilot in the 5th fleet in the persian gulf. Says nothing serious to worry about, at least in the near term.

You'll never leave the airport in Doha. In and out both ways.

The hardest thing about those flights is the time in the air.

But if you are not flying business get to know your Muslim buddy that is sitting next to you. Qatar is the major airline flying everyone in and out of the middle east so all of their flights are packed.
I’ll be flying Business Class…

I'm flying through Doha en route to JNB in 11 days.

Yeah, little pucker factor going. My youngest is a navy pilot in the 5th fleet in the persian gulf. Says nothing serious to worry about, at least in the near term.
Good to know! My nephew is on the USS Abraham Lincoln and is headed there now. He’s CWO and told us he cannot talk about the mission but when a second Carrier Group is being deployed to the area it’s serious! I was in the Navy and this isn’t normal unless the threat is really high…

Doha has a beautiful, modern, and friendly airport. You won't have any issues.

But if you do, be sure and give Rambo (aka @HuntingGold ) a call. :)

As long as you are staying in the airport you will be fine. Go have fun

Good to know! My nephew is on the USS Abraham Lincoln and is headed there now. He’s CWO and told us he cannot talk about the mission but when a second Carrier Group is being deployed to the area it’s serious! I was in the Navy and this isn’t normal unless the threat is really high…
He's a voodoo witch doctor (helo pilot) and has been ferrying around the shooters and looters, doing interdictions on weapons and drug haulers off the Chesty Puller for about 4 months now, based out of Bahrain. He's got another week or 2 of that on another boat, then back to Bahrain for a month or 6 weeks, then back to home base.

He's a voodoo witch doctor (helo pilot) and has been ferrying around the shooters and looters, doing interdictions on weapons and drug haulers off the Chesty Puller for about 4 months now, based out of Bahrain. He's got another week or 2 of that on another boat, then back to Bahrain for a month or 6 weeks, then back to home base.
He’s a Hero!!! I was on the FFG-27 Tisdale and we did exactly the same!!! The Helo Ops were insane! They are seriously Bad Ass’s!!!

FWIW, the voodoo witch doctor sez the Lincoln is just relieving the Roosevelt. Things aren't so bad that we need 2 carrier groups in that part of the world.

I wouldn’t worry about transiting Doha on Qatar Airways. Just stay in the airport and you’ll be fine. Since you’re flying Biz Class, just dine and relax in the Al Mourjan lounge till your connection departs. In the last 18 months I’ve flown through Doha, Dubai & Istanbul with no issues whatsoever
You’ll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Badwdesdqsd

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

3 Wake Ups and South Africa Bound!
SETH RINGER wrote on Altitude sickness's profile.
I'LL TAKE THE BOOKS IF THEY ARE NOT SOLD. NO ?? ASKED
Hififile324 wrote on Charliehorse's profile.
Hi Charles, thanks for your interest in the .375 Ammo, Components and dies. Feel free to call or text [redacted]. Email [redacted]
Kudu2025 wrote on stk's profile.
I will take that Sako .375 if it is still available