Hunting multiple buffalo

My question is do any of you try and take 2 buffalo bulls on the same hunt? Reason that I ask is you’re paying a DG daily rate at 1k plus a day and most of the trophy fees seem reasonable.
This is a good perspective, and seams doable. There have been offer for Tanzania, for two buffalo bulls, second one much cheaper. Generally speaking whatever you hunt, more trophies per hunt, will get more economic price per shot. One return flight tickets, and 10 animals, or two return flights, two hunts, and same ten animals, etc.

For DG hunt, same logic, combine buffalo and elephant in same hunt, Zimbabwe, perhaps. You will get it cheaper per shot when compared to two separate hunts for same animals.

This is a good perspective, and seams doable. There have been offer for Tanzania, for two buffalo bulls, second one much cheaper. Generally speaking whatever you hunt, more trophies per hunt, will get more economic price per shot. One return flight tickets, and 10 animals, or two return flights, two hunts, and same ten animals, etc.

For DG hunt, same logic, combine buffalo and elephant in same hunt, Zimbabwe, perhaps. You will get it cheaper per shot when compared to two separate hunts for same animals.
Ah, but then they miss the adventure of second trip. You know ... the overweight stinky obnoxious Punjabi overlapped into my airline seat for eleven hours, dealing with security agents who can't seem to grasp that a bipod really isn't a "gun part", always worrying where are my guns, plane's flight path being unexpectedly detoured an extra couple hours around some third world country in the midst of another biannual military (aka tribal gang) coup, etc. Like I told my late wife the morning after leaving the fleabag motel that had no hot water, "You know dear, the misadventures are the adventures we never forget." She and the kids would sing that chorus on every road trip where something haywire caused me to turn the air blue with expletives. Sigh. Those were the days.

Anyway, I shot eight animals on my first safari - four before lunch of the first day. I could also have taken a fabulous sable at a very cheap price and an eland too. But I purposely passed on the offers so I'd have a reason to return. However, buffalo are extraordinarily expensive. Any deal that like this one probably outweighs the potential benefit of second trip adventures ... or misadventures.

Ah, but then they miss the adventure of second trip.
Yes, of course,
I know a story from hunting camp: one client came, with the idea to hunt "all African species available around". he stayed long enough, to accomplish this, and probably will never return. he will go to some other country, and pursue similar way.

I just love being in African hunting camp. I always look forward to this next occasion. After three safaris I have done, species to be hunted are becoming less important.

However, buffalo are extraordinarily expensive.
Yes, all DG is expensive.
However you turn this coin, they are always expensive. majority of hunters - fortunate ones, have hunted just several of them, buffalo and others.

Old hunters of the past, hunted thousands of DG animals for meat and ivory and game control.
Modern sport hunter can afford much less then that. 100 buffalo are well over a million dollars in value. This is something to consider and keep in mind.

I just love being in African hunting camp. I always look forward to this next occasion. After three safaris I have done, species to be hunted are becoming less important.
Last year I only shot four animals: gemsbuck (my 3rd), impala (5th), springbuck (5th), and blue wildebeest (2nd). The impala was exceptional, the gemsbuck and springbuck essentially culling, and the wildebeest a mistake on my PH's part. Nowadays I just go to have a good time. To be back in Africa again.

OTOH, the outfitter will probably not be enthusiastic about your taking two extremely high scoring trophies. You may even find yourself saying, "that one is good enough for now, I've still got another tag....not that a non trophy can't be great fun to hunt, and just as dangerous.
OTOH, a second tag can overcome a misjudgment in the first kill...so..

You will not regret that option especially in the Conservancy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IlenePinke

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with