Hunting in South Africa

Lawrence

Reaction score
Media
Member of
none
First of all i would like to thank all the people who made it possible for me and other hunters in the world to talk about hunting on this website. This is my 1st login.

My 1st hunt with my father i did at the age of 5 and i have been hooked since that day and now i am 33. My 1st rifle i had i got from my father and i still hunt with my .308 Brno. I just made the investment to buy me a new cz 550 H&H 375 rifle. In South Africa it takes almost one to two years to get an license for a rifle. Can you give me some information on how to prepare myself before i get my license on books to read ens.

I have shot Springbok, Kudu, Blesbuck and (takbok) i think thats reindeer in English in the northern cape of South Africa. I plan to shoot my 1st red hartebeest next year.

I will recommend hunting in South Africa to all the hunters in the world.
Thanks

Lawrence Fourie (From Cape Town, South Africa)

thanks for the post

lawrence,
I'm so excited to see your country and hunt it! Only one month until I'm there!

Well, you are lucky, Lawrence, as you already are in SA, I have to travel 10 hours to get there.

The best way to get ready is to hunt with friends or family who are experienced.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okwin

Latest profile posts

idjeffp wrote on Jon R15's profile.
Hi Jon,
I saw your post for the .500 NE cases. Are these all brass or are they nickel plated? Hard for me to tell... sorry.
Thanks,
Jeff [redacted]
Boise, ID
[redacted]
African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?