HUNTING Elephant

...they hope to break the neck, but mostly it only wound and then days of following the weakened animal....
DSC03465_zps672b6de6.jpg

Gentlemen I am visiting my daughter in Brooklyn New York next week. Is there a museum in the area where I can see a full mount of an African elephant or even the skeleton? Going to hunt in Namibia next year. Thanks for any advice. Only Asian elephants in Australia.

Gentlemen I am visiting my daughter in Brooklyn New York next week. Is there a museum in the area where I can see a full mount of an African elephant or even the skeleton? Going to hunt in Namibia next year. Thanks for any advice. Only Asian elephants in Australia.

The American Museum of Natural History across from Central Park has a great diorama of elephants. It is especially amazing because Carl Akeley did the taxidermy over 100 years ago. There are also some other amazing animals like Giant Sable. Well worth the visit IMHO.

1723651848735.png

The American Museum of Natural History across from Central Park has a great diorama of elephants. It is especially amazing because Carl Akeley did the taxidermy over 100 years ago. There are also some other amazing animals like Giant Sable. Well worth the visit IMHO.

View attachment 626476

Than you very much. I look forward to visiting. I trust my 5 year old granddaughter will not be asking difficult questions

Thank you Wheels. A magnificent display. They even have a separate exhibition on the hidden life of elephants with a projection of the elephants heart, lung, and digestive system.

View attachment 626476

View attachment 627913View attachment 627914View attachment 627916

Thank you wheels. Fantastic display. I think visiting here is a must before hunting for these magnificent beasts.
Image1724157858.393934.jpg
Image1724157877.656826.jpg
Image1724157893.705896.jpg
Image1724157942.790253.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoryWest5

Latest profile posts

HerbJohnson wrote on Triathlete3's profile.
If you have an email, I would love to be able to chat with you about J.P.H. Prohunt. My email address is [redacted]. Thanks.
Another Wildebees cull shot this morning!
We are doing a cull hunt this week!

Hyde Hunter wrote on Ontario Hunter's profile.
which East Cape Taxidermist are you referring to? I had Lauriston do my work not real happy with them. oh thanks for the advise on the mount hangers a few months ago. Jim
jimbo1972 wrote on Bwaybuilder's profile.
Great to do business with