Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Saskatchewan, South Africa, Zimbabwe, 30 US states and counting
How many of you are chasing the cats of North America...bobcat, lynx and mountain lion? It took me 2 hard trips to get my mountain lion, which I wrote a hunt report here about. https://www.africahunting.com/threads/usa-co-mountain-lion-with-revolver.73045/

I'm wanting to get a bobcat and lynx at some point. Does anyone have recommendations on bobcat hunting around TX? I would love to hear about your bobcat experiences, particularly those who chased them specifically. I know a lot of guys have gotten lucky while hunting sometimes else but how many have focused on getting one? Lynx are obviously a northern species and if you have experiences to share about that, please do so.

We hunt mountain lions in Montana every year. Have had a lot of success. Just got my sons and my lion back from the taxidermist. His was 174 lbs. mine came in at 176.
IMG_3112.jpeg

Very good lions. Nice.

I’ve taken one bobcat and two cougars over hounds. I love chasing them in the snow, looking for tracks and chasing the primal sound of hound dogs on a hot trail.
Have always wanted to call bobcats and I know they do it successfully on big bobcats in Texas.

I think lynx are the hardest of the 3 to take consistently. I have taken them trapping in Alaska but look forward to hunting them sometime. Next step for me I think is getting a good bobcat around TX.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeviHyde3

Latest profile posts

Redfishga1 wrote on gearguywb's profile.
I would be interested in the ruger if the other guy is not.
Bartbux wrote on franzfmdavis's profile.
Btw…this was Kuche….had a great time.
Sorry to see your troubles on pricing.

Happy to call you and talk about experience…I’m also a Minnesota guy.
Ready for the next hunt