Hunt booked for April!

That is a trick I had never heard of! Do you have any others for quick Kudu (or any other trophies) judging? I'd love to hear them!
I agree with GA Hunter, let your PH be the judge, but having said that,, while you are looking kudu over, look for deep curls. That is where you get inches. I have a sort of homely horned bull that is just over 50 with just one and half curls. I told my PH, nothing under 50 and he delivered.
 
Hello all! I don't have a lot of hunting friends to share this with so I'm posting here. Got my hunt booked for late April of this year! Mostly going to focus on kudu and see what happens from there. Now to start planning and packing, then repackaging then doing it again heh. Can't wait!

Best of luck, hope the hunt goes well!
 
That is a trick I had never heard of! Do you have any others for quick Kudu (or any other trophies) judging? I'd love to hear them!

I try to learn something about field judging all of the animals I hunt. Last year my PH Carlos told me that trick. What he told me was if the first curl is out the the ends of his ears he will make book. If his second curl is out to the ends of his ears shoot because he will make high silver or gold. When their curls are out to the ends of their ears they have deep curls and that's how you get a higher score. This tip by no means makes you an expert at judging Kudu, leave that to your PH he's the professional.
 
Yes, I do agree with you all when you say "let your PH judge" and I know my PH won't steer me wrong but it's our choice, as hunters, to pull the trigger or not. I just like to know a bit so I can do my part to make the hunt a success! I mean aside from the shooting, which I'll be going to the range to practice when the weather lifts a bit! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
 
eventually_africa, I’ll be anxiously waiting on your report! I’m sure it will be one of, if not the first of the year!
Best of luck!
 
Congrats on booking your first, and before you are on your way home you'll be thinking about your next trip!!!
 
Congrats on booking your first, and before you are on your way home you'll be thinking about your next trip!!!

Thank you! This will actually be my second trip, I just don't know how to change my ill-thought out user name heh. You are right though, before my first trip was over I was already planning this one!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,409
Messages
1,575,296
Members
170,241
Latest member
tideroomsso1983
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
 
Top