Hungary, Red Stag Hunt

I do not have final measurements but my guides think the stag will register about 230 CIC points
230 CIC is magnificent trophy, one in a lifetime!
I congratulate, once again, wholeheartedly!

+1

What a fantastic old bull. Once in a lifetime hunt for you Rimbaud.

Was this bull taken in the evening or early in the morning?
We arrived in a valley, ringed by mountains, at around 4 pm or so. We saw the monarch at about 400 yards. He was prancing about, and roaring at the younger stags, and otherwise enjoying his large harem of hinds. I was with a borrowed rifle - 300 WSM - and did not feel comfortable shooting from so far away. We left our ground blind, and backtracked a bit to another field, and ultimately crossed a dry creek bed. We emerged in the middle of the stag's territory and the smell was pronounced. We got within 200 yards and the shot was taken. He ran. My guide said stags, especially during the rut, are stronger than bears. A neck shot put him down. It took three men to pull him out of the long grass where he set himself down. All of us stood in silent reverence of the stag. One of the most moving experiences of my hunting career. I will never forget this hunt.

We arrived in a valley, ringed by mountains, at around 4 pm or so. We saw the monarch at about 400 yards. He was prancing about, and roaring at the younger stags, and otherwise enjoying his large harem of hinds. I was with a borrowed rifle - 300 WSM - and did not feel comfortable shooting from so far away. We left our ground blind, and backtracked a bit to another field, and ultimately crossed a dry creek bed. We emerged in the middle of the stag's territory and the smell was pronounced. We got within 200 yards and the shot was taken. He ran. My guide said stags, especially during the rut, are stronger than bears. A neck shot put him down. It took three men to pull him out of the long grass where he set himself down. All of us stood in silent reverence of the stag. One of the most moving experiences of my hunting career. I will never forget this hunt.
Sounds amazing! Congratulations!

The South of Hungary close to the border to croatia is prime Red Stag area. Baranya, Smogny and Zala is normaly the regions that produce the biggest red deer trophys in Hungary.

I was in the region Baranya (Boly) in september of 2022 and got the trophy of my dreams.
an 14,74 kg 261,44 cic stag. I think that its currently ranks as the 7th biggest stag in Hungary.

As shown there was a copy made of the tropy that has been at Fehova huntingfair and now at the hunting exibit in the Agricultural museum in Budapest

The hunt will be an experiance of a lifetime for you, roaring stags is magical.

View attachment 587258View attachment 587263
At the time that you initially posted, I had no frame of reference to judge your majestic stag. You truly took a once in a lifetime stag. Just incredible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BGGMKLR

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

African Scenic Safaris is a Sustainable Tour Operator based in Moshi, Tanzania. Established in 2009 as a family business, the company is owned and operated entirely by locals who share the same passion for showing people the amazing country of Tanzania and providing a fantastic personalized service.
FDP wrote on dailordasailor's profile.
1200 for the 375 barrel and accessories?
Trogon wrote on Mac Baren's profile.
@Mac Baren, I live central to city of Cincinnati. I have work travel early this week but could hopefully meet later this week (with no schedule changes). What area of town are you working/staying in?
Kind regards
Ron
Read more at the link about our 40000 acre free range kudu area we will also be posting a deal on the deals page soon!
Our predator control is going very well